Is she in the wrong?

Options
13»

Comments

• shoe*diva79
    shoe*diva79 Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, they know the charges but still think my SIL should pay the £50 cancellation charge on top. Personally I think thats ludicrous given the charges were down to both her cousins not doing what they said.

Cousin 1 has said its entirely my SIL fault for booking when the cousins hadn't given her the money. Even though they were all in agreement when the money was supposed to be transferred.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done to your SIL.., she's doing the right thing. People who behave like this aren't worth keeping a close relationship with. I hope she is able to continue to leave them to sort it out between them.
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    No good deed goes unpunished - accept she's been reamed by selfish extended family and make damn sure never to get in that position again. For Christmas they just get a Toblerone from Poundland for the next few years, though.
  • BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    If they were my cousins they wouldn't be getting a ruddy sniff of a Toblerone from me. Ever.

What a shoddy way to treat someone, never mind a family member. They should be ashamed of themselves!

Still, it sounds like she's had a very narrow escape. Imagine going on holiday with these users?
  • shoe*diva79
    shoe*diva79 Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Options
    I doubt they will be receiving a christmas card, let alone a bar of chocolate!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure