Energy Price Cap announcement: Watch Martin Lewis explain what it means for your electricity and gas bills this winter

Childs Inheritance Investment Question

My child is due to inherit some cash from her grandparent, approx £35,000.
Being under 18yrs old an investment company was appointed as an executor along with her other parent (whom I am separated from).
On separation I bought a house for us to live in (as my child lives with me full time) and I would like to know if it would be legally allowable for my child's money to be invested in my property. If so, would there be any tax implications or other implications for myself or my child.


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy Price Cap change

Martin Lewis on what it means for you

MSE News

Best £1 you've ever spent?

Share your most impressive bargains

MSE Forum