Faceless Lloyds Bank

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
7 replies 891 views
Radeon295Radeon295 Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
Hi M.S.E Community,

Earlier this year my partner was having issues with Lloyds Bank relating to an old credit card, the card was frozen with no interest being accumulated as she was engaged in a repayment plan (Bad Divorce).

To help her out, I decided to try and clear this debt for her.. I asked Lloyds for a settlement figure, and then made a counter offer. They accepted my counter offer in writing, and so I paid the balance accepted within the 14 days given, this was back in June/July this year.

All has been quiet until today, and she has received another letter from them with a statement documenting my payment and asking for the remaining balance, some 3 months later. We have checked her credit file and they have not as agreed in their letter updated her file.

I also included in the letter that :
3)By accepting the offer you indemnify my partner (Miss XXX) and myself (Mr XXX) against all liability to further collection activities for the remaining account balance, by yourselves, any associate companies or any other third party collection agents.

Yet despite them accepting this and the payment they have not honored their part of the agreement. I feel that the bank in question is not treating my partner, their client fairly and wonder what section of BCOBS covers this mistreatment / unfair treatment of her?

What are her next steps and what can I do to help her bring a close to this matter? Your advice would be greatly appreciated...

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals