We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Folding Wall

Has anyone install a folding wall in their home?

I've had a look online and most suppliers seem to be for businesses, but has anyone installed one in their house?

I want to be able to full close of the living room and dining room when required, and be able to fully open it up (bar the folded doors) when I want the whole area to be open plan

I don't want french doors etc
Remember, remember, REMEMBER cashback and discount codes!
Officially Debt Free as of 25/03/11 :j

Comments

  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • geordie_ben
    geordie_ben Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary
    They're kinda what I'm after, but I don't want them to look like doors.

    My space is 2.7(w) x 2.3(h)

    When closed I want it to look like a wall as much as possible. Ideally with the end fold containing a door that would look like a standard door and open as expected
    Remember, remember, REMEMBER cashback and discount codes!
    Officially Debt Free as of 25/03/11 :j
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Sounds like a specialist carpenter job.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • geordie_ben
    geordie_ben Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary
    Errata wrote: »
    Sounds like a specialist carpenter job.

    Sounds expensive lol

    If I can figure out who the track could work then I could arrange the panes quite easily - made like stud walls, 3 panes of 900mm each, with the end pane holding an opening door
    Remember, remember, REMEMBER cashback and discount codes!
    Officially Debt Free as of 25/03/11 :j
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.