Credit Card PPI Claims

Options
Hi guys

New to the forum, just wanted some advice.
I had PPI on a Lloyds Credit Card from Aug 2000 until Jan 2006, I didn't really know I had it to be honest and don't remember asking for it. When I cancelled the policy I asked for my money back and Lloyds refused, but obviously there has been a lot of water under the bridge since then.
I have recently received copy statements showing the payments going out every month along with a copy of my agreement where the box is ticked for the insurance. I was definitely not sold the policy or given any advice and at the time of the application the company I worked for gave full sickness pay for 12 months, then half pay for 6 months.
Do you think I stand a chance of getting my money back?

Thanks

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Put in a complaint if you feel you were miss-sold and can prove your employee benefits would have covered your CC payments.

If you ticked the box to say you wanted it, there may be more of an uphill struggle.

Do not put in conflicting statements on your complain such as

" I didn't really know I had it to be honest"
    "don't remember asking for it"

and

"I was definitely not sold the policy or given any advice"

That just comes across as a weak "hearsay" complaint which you cannot prove. Concentrate on solid evidence such as the work benefits which may well work if not at the bank then maybe at the FOS.
  • winx11
    Options
    Thanks I will start the process
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills