After rejects how long?

Options
I've just been rejected for a phone contract. I checked my credit score in August and it was good, since then I've got a car on finance and a credit card. So I am guessing I was rejected because I've got quite a bit of credit in a sort space of time. I have just finished uni it was nursing so I have a comparatively small dept to student loans, but my graduate account is in a 2000 arranged overdraft. How long should I wait until I apply for a new contract? I have never missed a payment on my current phone contract with Vodafone and EE rejected me, I still want to change network.

Comments

• stator
    stator Posts: 7,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Forget the credit score, they don't mean anything really. Get copies of all three credit reports, Experian, Equifax and Call Credit and see if they are all accurate and if there are any negatives on there.

Are you on the electoral role? How long have you been in your job? How long have you had your current account? How long have you been at your address? If either of those answers is less than 6 months, waiting might help :)

They might have decided that you are already at your maximum credit, so if your credit card has a higher limit than you need, reduce it and wait for it to show up on your credit report then you might have more luck
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure