PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Daily OS Thread of Saturday 25th OCTOBER 2014

Options
donny-gal
donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 25 October 2014 at 10:43AM in Old style MoneySaving
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.

Morning, As there was no thread, thought I would start you off. mega busy day today, we are having a Street Party this afternoon, and I am the organiser, nothing new there.

((hugs)),Spoons, Positive Vibes all round. Take care everyone. DG
Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?

Comments

• tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]donny-gal [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Have a great time this afternoon x[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm feeling a bit better now. I tried reading your posts most days but gave up – if food was mentioned I felt ill :D Still can't stand the smell of food cooking at the moment. I've managed about five hours of sleep a night for the last three nights, not great but a big imrovement. I'm very cold so have been wearing extra socks and chunky cardigans and have had the heating on all day on the lowest setting – the others are too hot so I daren't turn it up, lol[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]There's so much to do in the garden so I need to catch up with that. A few things in the house need a good sort out too. If I move too fast, I feel really queasy so everything is being done slowly. I've written a list (very long!) then broken it down into small jobs. I'll work my way through it over the next week or two.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]:beer: [/FONT]
    Bulletproof
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, was absent yesterday as we ran down to the west country again to deliver lots of greenery to DD2 who is making wedding flowers for a friend today and we had such a lovely day with the Zebra child who is nearly walking, he's just got to find his balance. He was taking 4 to 5 very steady steps between Opa and I and it won't be long!!!

I'm going to be AWOL for most of next week as I'm going to catsit for my eldest DD who is taking a party of schoolchildren off to tour the 1st World War battlefield sites so I may or may not be able to read along. Today I'm getting all the little house jobs done and tomorrow I'll be cooking and sorting out things for He Who Knows and the Lurcha while I'm away. I'm off to the library too this morning as it would be nice to have something I haven't already read to take with me.

Hope everyone has a lovely day, Lyn xxx.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Please dont tell me its November ? otherwise I am very late with my xmas plans !

Off for my facial this morning with sister, will probs have a coffee and a look around the shops after.

Not sure whats for dinner, will go and look at my list after this, wm is on the go and will be hung out for a little while.

Tru feel better soon xx

Have good days all xx
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Tru, I hope you start feeling better very soon.

Donnygal and redruby, enjoy your days today, they both sound good fun.

Lyn, what a lovely age zebra is. Have a lovely time next week.

Lynseyjane, how are you today? I will try taking my tablet at lunchtime today, my goodness my night's sleep without it was either non existent or full of very active dreams.

My plans for today are simple ones, to get up and tidy up the utility room and study area.

Also need to make another loaf in the bread maker and will also try the naan recipe ready for tonight's dinner.

Not sure what else we will be up to today, although I do need a new mop head, what an exciting life I lead!:D

Have a lovely day.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all :)

TRU- I hope you feel better soon x

Donnygal- have fun!

I think someone was going to a wedding today, but I can't remember who? I hope you have a good time anyway!

DH took me for a pub lunch yesterday so I wasn't hungry for dinner.
    I ended up blowing a gasket with DS2. He lives in his room on his pc and I pop a head in a few times a day to see how he is, and get greeted with "what do you want? Go away" well I'm sick to the back teeth of it. He only talks to me when he wants feeding and if I say make yourself something he refuses and strops off to his room. He's 17 with an A for gcse food tech!! :mad:

Rant over, I need to tidy up the garden as that windy weather brought down a lot of leaves and knocked things over. My strawberries runners probably could do with planting up but I'm not sure where! I'm going to finish my leek and potato soup for lunch, and DH and I are going to a concert at Brixton Academy tonight :)

Have a good day all, hugs to those who need them xxx
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all

You all sound very busy this morning :T

This is my 1st Saturday morning at home for a few weeks as it's been really busy at work . I've made the most of it ,
    Had a good tidy round done some washing and made my xmas cake
    Been looking at at mary berry xmas pud recipe so think I will have a go at that in a couple of weeks .

The garden is looking a bit worse for wear , so I might go in and see if I can tidy it somewhat , we have a lot of mature trees round us and all the leaves fall in our garden :cool:

Have a good day everyone xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,069 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon everyone - and STILL it rains here. Not stopped for more than an hour since Monday.

Yesterday we had a really great day on 'The Jacobite' steam train trip from Fort William to Mallaig and back. Long journey up to Fort William but it was certainly worth it. As it was the last trip of the season the staff were dressed as Harry Potter characters and the driver even stopped the train for a while whilst on the Glenfinnan viaduct to let everyone get great photos. Came home and went almost immediately to bed, tired but really happy. It's something I wouldn't have dreamed of doing if not for the visitors so I'm glad they wanted to do it.

Today has been a morning of chores and making sure that visitors got away OK. Washing done, shopping done, bird feeders filled up, shopping done and even a visit to the local tip. Now I am going to stop doing stuff and sit and read, knit and catch up on recorded TV programmes from yesterday.

I hope that the weather is better in the rest of the country, we are destined for heavy rain for the next few days. I'm off back to Glasgow tomorrow and then back to work on Monday.

Happy Saturday folks.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tru I'm concerned about you, mate.:( Something sure ain't right; and I'm thinking maybe you need to pop along to the GP and see what it is.
    Anyways, healing vibes on their way to you. x
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    beutiful blue sky here in north kent atm.I made the most of it by walking to my small local library and back.Very nice to just amble along in no hurry to get anywhere really :):):)Just got home and am about to ring my friend from quiz and see if she fancies a coffee this afternoon.I'm taking things really easy at the moment and have slowed my frantic life down for a little while :):)
    Eldest DD flew off to Chicago this morning, and youngest DGD went to NYC with her BF, me, I toddled to the library :):):) just as nice and a lot cheaper :):)

Soup and sandwich for lunch I have just started the latest Ken Follet book and its brilliant My friend bought it at MrT I think and bless her lent it to me to read first,now that's what I call a real friend :):):)
    I hope the sun is shining down on you all today,don't forget the clocks tonight
    Cheers JackieO xxx
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Beautiful here and not too cold, washing has all dried on the line. We went to town this morning and looked around the French market, then got a few bits in Wilko and poundland including 2 bottles of anti freeze. The town cryer was out in his regalia advertising the fireworks display , we can see most of it from the back garden so don't bother wasting our money going there, besides DD's friend is over from America so we are having an old fashioned English bonfire night party with a Guy.

tru ((Hugs)) I echo what LW said get yourself to the gp asap x

Mrs L have a lovely time, a change is as good as a rest as they say and we will miss you x

donnygal enjoy yourself

Gers that sounds wonderful

Ruby November is only 6 days away :eek: Soon be Christmas:eek::eek:

We are going to the zoo this afternoon because thay have gone all out for halloween with Boo at the Zoo.

We are going up for the whole day tomorrow.
    It is great being a member, you can go up whenever you like we got our membership in August and have been up seven times already it has already paid for itself and we never tire of going up there :D

Don't forget to put the clocks back before you go to bed tonight

Must fly

BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income