Elephant Car insurance match online competitor

Options
My son had his auto renewal through from Elephant today, a whopping £1276 for TFT (1 years no claims, & 1 year full licence.

Went through all the comparison sites and individual companies as advised on here. Cheapest quote £625 via Compare the market, Diamond insurance. Also a subsidiary off Admiral.

Elephant matched it........a saving of £ 651.

Followed the MSE guidelines to the letter.....A big thank you to all!

Comments

• InsideInsurance
    Options
    All Admiral brands normally will knock 25-35% off their renewal price just for you asking. If you havent been doing this then this will have built up over time hence the big discount you've got now.

Have you checked the price for comprehensive insurance with a mid/high (but not very high) excess? Due to negative selection and a few other commercial reasons it is often cheaper than TPFT covre
  • steve4mandy
    Options
    Hi there,

Yes I tried all the permutations as you said, fully comp added less than £100 to all quotes.
    Excess at any level didn't make much difference, his car is an old banger, worth approx. £400.

Removed his legal cover at £35, and we both signed up to a joint policy at memonline for less than a tenner.

I have stayed on his policy as second named, but on his own this year there wasn't a great price hike, also staying with Elephant saved all the faff of moving companies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure