🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Right Choice Insurance

Options
Hi Everyone,

Being inexperienced and stupid in may I took out car insurance with Right Choice Insurance, what a big mistake I'm telling you :mad:
Being my second car but first time I had to sort out my own insurance I didn't have a clue: went on gocompare.com and they came out the cheapest and naturally being a mom and working part time it naturally dragged me that way. Phoned them up and suddenly it had gone from being £1000 to £1250 for some reason but because I didn't have a clue I agreed. Paid the deposit on £312 and 4 months of £110 and now my car has broke and I have phoned up to cancel my insurance and they want a further £340 to cancel it :mad: First they've conned me out of money as price was different online and now they're trying to con me out of even more. Where do I stand with this if anywhere? I'm so frustrated and the staff is so unhelpful and rude, put you on hold every time you ask a question as they're probably clueless. It just seems a lot of money for 5 months of incurance I understand that there is fees and all but still, or am I just being silly?

Comments

• InsideInsurance
    Options
    Going via a broker and using finance can often mean cancellation is even more expensive than going with a direct insurer and cancelling as all 3 parties involved may add fees to the cancellation.

You need to ask them to provide how they have calculated the cancellation and then cross compare that to the paperwork they sent you, there could be a cancellation fee from the insurer, a commission clawback from the broker, an early settlement fee from the credit provider and possibly switches the time on cover to short term rates rather than annual but all of these would have to be specified in the cancellation clauses
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport