PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread Friday 24th October

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
:staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
"Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
Proud to have dealt with our debt :)

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Still dark, but seems to be dry.

DH and myself up enjoying first cuppas of the day. DS1 up and getting ready for work. DS2 will be getting up in a while for school.

Dinner last night was spag bol, it was delish, clean plates all round. Not sure what we will be eating tonight as we’ll be eating out with friends, no doubt with a few drinks, and laughter too. Boys food all in the fridge/freezer and they know what they’re eating (hopefully not the entire contents of my fridge/freezer/store cupboards – can’t believe how much they eat!)

DH and myself are going away later, but we are going to get 2 new tyres put on the big car first thing this morning, so won’t be a cheap few days – but they do need changing and we thought it’d be better to do it now before we get in to the winter weather.

The on line shopping arrived with a few substitutions but nothing major and good dates on the fresh products too.

Feel brighter again this morning, I managed to arrange the ironing board so I could iron sitting on the edge of the bed, so managed to get our clothes ironed for going away and got the boys to get the bag down so I could pack. I also managed to give the kitchen a bit of a clean, so just being able to do a few bits has lifted my mood, as they say “small things”, really help sometimes! Also now realise once we’ve been away this weekend, we’ve only got the next weekend and on the Thursday of that week I go back to the hospital and they will be taking my plaster off, what happens next we won’t know until then but at least the plaster will be off.

Have a good Friday everyone x

Take care x

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all
    WM on, DW unloaded, fish fed, bed stripped & remade, hubby & I have a cuppa. My DD is house/dog sitting Saturday & Sunday whilst hubby & I go to a wedding so I need to get everything ready before we leave & knowing hubby we will be leaving at silly o'clock Saturday morning! I'll strip our bed as soon as we get up on Saturday.
    Last day at work for a whole week, no idea if I'll be busy or not, I also need to find out if I'm still supposed to be doing holiday work or not, if so I have to go in next Friday to read the copier meters.
    Time I set off for work, have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Still pitch black here and cold again, off to work for me and hopefully a quieter day than yesterday.

Not sure about dinner will go and rummage in the freezer after this. Really looking forward to tomorrow my sister bought me a deluxe facial which goes on for an hour and includes a neck and shoulders massage, I cant wait !

Need to do a wash tonight and get on the airers and have a quick tidy round.

Have good days all xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Not sure what the weather's up to, it's still dark. Rained non stop yesterday so the washing was inside. Going to put a load on in a minute.
    DD cooked stir fry chicken for tea yesterday which was lovely, I was at the hospice and was so tired! Still, managed to stay awake till nearly 11 and had a good sleep, who would believe that crossing the atlantic would make you feel so bad!

Nothing exciting happening, at least it's Friday! Hope the poorlies feel better, take care. XX
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Horrible weather this morning and unplanned detour on way to work as approach to motorway was closed.

Really struggling with early morning posts at the moment, just seem to get error messages after every post then the spinning egg timer when post is trying to upload. Have noticed as well that I seem to have more thanked posts than posts I have actually made, so it looks like it's a bit messed up :(

Pulled pork left overs for dinner with fried rice. Not sure what we are doing yet this weekend but my job list is getting longer by the minute, it's a good job I have a couple of days off next week.

Well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for those that need or just want them. Keep well and safe and have a lovely day

TTFTM x
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • lynsayjane
    lynsayjane Posts: 3,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Morning all,

Bright but chilly day here, will be happy if it stays like this for the weekend.
    Can't say how glad I am it's Friday, it's been a long rough week. Between family, 'friends' (in '' because if they were real friends I'd not be adding them to the trouble list), work and money worries I'm completely exhausted. All I want to do this weekend is get drunk and sleep.
    Hopefully spending the weekend with the BF, he has Sunday off work which means for the first time we can spend a whole weekend together. Sadly he's been hit by manflu so is being rather grumpy. I wanted to visit for a bit yesterday and was told no, because I was feeling low anyway I ended up feeling that he wasn't bothered when he sees me or not and we got a bit snippy.

Sold a few bits on GT/FB this week and got enough cash to cover the DD due out before payday so will need to pop into the bank tomorrow. As long as I don't spend any money until Thursday I should break even this month. Next month I need to get a strict grip on finances, especially since there's only two paydays until..... you know!
    Next week I want to start trying to get into the flylady thread again to try and get to grips with the house, feel like the quality of my house has slumped in the last six months and I'm not happy with it.

Away to get a cup of tea and start working through some of the back log on my desk.
    Hugs to those who need/want them, hope everyone is warm and dry!

LJ
    x
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,
    Hope everyone is okay. I haven't been on for a while, I have the builders in. They are putting a wet room in for me, thanks to a council grant. :T

Just taken them bacon rolls to keep em sweet!:rotfl:

Molly, hope you are better.

I am fine at the moment, long May it continue.

DGS is going into hospital Monday for a minor op. He has to have it, but that doesn't stop me worrying. DGD gave us a scare two weeks ago, thought she had appendicitis, turned out to be a severe case if tonsillitis. She was hospitalised for a few days too, frightened us all. She is okay now though, and basking in the glory of going to hospital in a "Ne Naw" as she told her teacher!:rotfl:

Have a good day all.
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 October 2014 at 4:36PM
    Options
    Morning all,

slept well last night. I wish I could get into some sort of rhythm with my sleeping pattern. I'm either awake really early or find it a struggle to get out of bed. I cant even blame the dog. Its just me.

Usual jobs for Friday,

[strike]Strip and remake the beds[/strike]
    [strike]Vacuum upstairs[/strike]
    [strike]Dust/clean upstairs[/strike]
    [strike]Vacuum stairs[/strike]
    [strike]Kitchen floor[/strike]
    [strike]Vacuum downstairs[/strike]
    [strike]Dust clean downstairs[/strike]
    Laundry
    [strike]Trim 'Bears' nails (how I hate that job)[/strike]
    Bathroom
    Tea

A reminder to myself to get some wooden cocktail sticks (to clean with) and a couple of cheap toothbrushes (also to clean with).

Pork tonight for tea. Hubby wont be home till very late as he's got a job he needs to push through.

'Youngest' is going clubbing tonight with a few of his mates... 10 of them to be exact. They are only going for the experience so he says.... I do hope he is sensible.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 October 2014 at 9:35AM
    Options
    Morning all :)

I've been doing a bit of DIY this morning which is always a bit dodgy :rotfl: anyway I think I have sorted out the thermostat. The radiators are meant to go off when the room hits 21, but for the last two days they had just kept going and the room temp was 24 :eek:

DH baulked at having pasta for dinner last night, so he picked up some vegetarian kievs and chips on his way back from work which were very nice. I'm going to Mr. Ts this morning to choose something for dinner. I might do another pork in cider and prunes casserole as that was such a hit last time :)

Hester- enjoy your time off, you deserve it :)

Have a lovely day all, hugs to all in need. I hope last nights Diwali fireworks didn't scare the four legged members too much xx
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 647 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Morning,

I think I will not take one of my tablets tonight which is to help me sleep, I am always awake until gone 2am and then cannot get going until midday :o:eek:

All I have planned for today is housework, no cooking as we are having leftovers from Wednesday, chilli with potato wedges and peas.

Hugs to all those who are feeling unwell/unhappy. Yesterday, hubby asked if I was hormonal as I was getting snappy, oh dear!

Enjoy your break away nmlc and Hester.

Hilly, I expect you are looking forward to your wet room.

I must get on.

BBL
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure