PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 23rd October 2014

Options
13»

Comments

• Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Rosyred poor little Layla :(

Hester you must have the patience of a Saint.
    I would have told them to shove it where the sun doesn't shine by now :mad:

Been quite bright today with no rain, but it is a bit overcast now.

Can't believe that the clocks go back on Saturday night :eek: that means Christmas is creeping up fast, luckily i am just about done for all my Christmas stuff so if the weather turns nasty I don't have to struggle outside.

Went to Aldi this morning and have another £5.84 to put in my coupon pot and I picked up another Daily Mirror while I was in there because the coupons don't run out until next Thursday night and seeing as we always shop on a Thursday it means that we have two shopping weeks worth of coupons :D:D:D win, win

Had dinner early, a lovely butternut squash soup with HM granary bread followed by an apple crumble again using apples from the garden :D
    Cheap, warming and filling.

There is still soup and crumble left if anyone gets peckish later.

I am currently knitting DD a bright orange jumper because she is going to a Scooby Doo fancy dress party as Velma.

BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Only one day to go, woohoo.
    To be fair most of my work colleagues are ok, there is just a couple who get up my nose, lol. Today brought a grovelling apology!
    I'm planning on doing some crochet this evening, but I need to do a couple of jobs first.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    How are hubbys tosies hester?
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 October 2014 at 5:40PM
    Options
    Thanks LW & BB ,Lyla has been 'done' but he hasn't yet though its on the cards and he's about 18 mths now so you could be right,& BB your description of poor little Lyla made me smile,she's currently weighing in at about 7 1/2 stone :) but she'll always be my little Lyla haha.Just never seen her scared & crying like that before,have to see what they're like if we all meet tomorrow,she gets on great with the other 4 dogs who are usually out so it would be a shame for her to miss 'playtime' .Incidentally,Scooby Doo is DGDs favourite at the moment and she thinks Lyla looks a bit like Scooby,she'd love a fancy dress party.DS was drawing Velma only the other day for her :) x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all,

Been a drizzly day OH to Warfarin clinic this morning, no phone call so level must be ok.

It seems that I have found a surgeon to do my hip at last.....can't wait 15 months for 'public' op so gathering the 15k is job of the month......Christmas will be lean, but for last couple of years I have just bought for grandchildren, so nobody will expect much....no prepping done.

Dinner is roast beef with creamed cabbage, butternut squash and roasties...apple tart to follow but I will have some of the lovely pecorino cheese I got on offer in Lidl this morning.

Well wishes to all not in top form. stay warm and safe

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Really sad to hear that Alvin stardust has died :(
    Saw him in 1974 :'(
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Butterfly Brain, thanks for asking, his toes look horrible but are gradually healing, he is a terrible patient though & is driving me totally nuts.
    Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Really sad to hear that Alvin stardust has died :(
    Saw him in 1974 :'(

Indeed one of the few 'good guys' of the 1970s RIP:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing