PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 23rd October 2014

Options
O/S Daily Thread Thursday 23rd October
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning

Threads have been posted at same time, please merge.

Thanks

nmlc x
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    nmlc - you and I keep starting the thread at almost exactly the same time :rotfl:

Let's use yours today and leave mine to sink gracefully :D

TTFTM x
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • nmlc
    Options
    Morning

Threads have been posted at same time, please merge.

Thanks

nmlc x
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good morning nmlc and all who cross and/or follow :)

Another day, another dash and am delayed by usual site error messages and very slow internet banking.

Marinated pork in slow cooker for pulled pork later and leftovers for several days.

Well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for those that need or just want them. Keep well and safe and have a super day

TTFTM x
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning TTFM & NMLC and all who cross/follow
    I babysat last night whilst DD & SIL went to parents evening, the kids were all good but the poor baby was very windy..
    Things are reaching fever pitch at work, people in tears, lots of shouting, I'm fed up to the back teeth with one particular person who mucked up a big job & tried to blame me for it, first yelling at me down the phone & then sending her line manager over to speak to me. ROLL ON FRIDAY!!!
    And breath! Fish fed, hubby & I both have a cuppa, he's bored & so very bad tempered, DD is popping in to see him today if she gets chance.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • nmlc
    edited 23 October 2014 at 9:15AM
    Options
    Morning everyone

TTFTM - how weird we manage to start the thread at the same time!

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Still dark, but air feels much cooler.

DH up and gone to work stupid early. DS1 up and getting ready for work. DS2 up and getting ready for school.

Dinner last night was frittata, I used up several bits out of the bottom of the fridge and it was really tasty, I made a bowl of coleslaw (also to use up some bits from the fridge) and then did jacket potatoes and beans with it, I also made a syrup sponge pudding and served it with custard. Tonight will be either lasagne or spag bol – not sure which.

I have an on-line shopping order arriving this afternoon, so that will get us re-stocked.

I had a nice surprise yesterday lunchtime, there was a knock at the front door and I hobbled out to answer it and was a delivery man with a bouquet of flowers – I have already had flowers from my work colleagues so had no idea who these could be from, when I opened the card they were from the SM where I’ve been doing all my on-line shops from, as I’d rang them for assistance over a problem that I’d had with 1 of their services – so that was a very welcome surprise, cheered me up.

Today I will steadily get a few jobs done, will just take my time.

Take care x

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good morning all,

Thank you nmic and TTFTM for starting the thread..

Dark and cool here this morning, have been up since 4 because the cat wouldn't settle, don't know what was the matter with her. She is now fast asleep on the sofa.

Popping to SM for a few bits and then this afternoon I want to hoover and sponge the 3 piece suite which is being collected by a local charity tomorrow. Our new furniture is being delivered on Saturday morning, so cat may have to use her bed tomorrow after the sofa has been collected :)

Both of us seem to be on the mend after this awful virus we have had thank goodness, so hopefully that is our winter lurgy over and done with.

Take care all and stay safe if your weather is not good

Candlelightx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Still dark as a dark thing outside (no street lights) so can only tell thst it's still raining. My poor visitors have had enforced rest and relaxation though we did venture out for a while. This morning were off to Oban Distillery for a tour around the workings. At least we'll be inside.

Thanks for your wishes Candlelight, good to hear that the virus is almost gone. Nasty things.

What a lovely surprise nmlc - something unexpected is always cheery.

Awful to hear about your work HH. It's so demotivating when colleagues behave badly.

Right, need to get ready for the day. Leaving at about 8.15am as its about an hour to Oban and we'll hit school run traffic and then have to find parking.

Happy soggy Thursday everyone.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

First time I have managed to get up early enough to post this week. Had a disturbed nights sleep but that may be because I had to have a lie down yesterday about 7pm as I wasn't feeling too good. Still not feeling 100% but will be ok once I get to work.

HH - Your work is incredible. Hope OH gets better soon.
    tru - How's work? You'll get into a routine soon.
    nmlc - What a lovely thought.

Washing on the airers, everything else kind of up to date (apart from the ironing!), managed to get DS2s room cleaned and the bed made after DD had been in there for a few weeks. She's now in her own room again. I will have to move into DS2s room for a while as I want to decorate mine. Hope it's not such a big job as DDs.

We were going to have chicken for tea last night but I didn't fancy it - bought a cauliflower from Ald! and made cauliflower cheese, it really hit the spot. Will have the chicken tonight.

Hope you all have a good day, not long till Friday. Hope you have better weather than us, it's wet and windy here.

Take care. XX
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Does not seem quite as cold here this morning but having said that I have not been outside yet.

Woken with a terrible sore throat and cough one on my colleagues has been in with a streaming cold all week, and I think has passed it on.

Off to work for me a busy day ahead so im sure it will pass quickly.

Something with chips for dinner, will go and rummage in the freezer after this.

Have good days all xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport