PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread Sunday 19th October

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    We alternate between butter, pate and finely grated mature cheddar, depending on his preference at any time of day!!! Docky says Fank yew veri muth Anty Wolfi coz yew izer veri kynde frend and eye luvz yew, wiv luv frum yer frend Docky dogg xxxxx.

Oh god I am so sad, I've just corrected a spelling in Lurcher!!!
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning :hello:

The sleeping tablet didn't work, I woke up three times during the night and was properly awake at 5.30am. I'm starting to feel groggy now though.

It's very breezy here but the sky is dark grey with a bit of sun peeping through. One minute it looks like it's getting brighter, the next it looks like its going to pour down. I've put the heating on to finish off drying yesterday's washing - it's getting too warm though so will have to switch it off again! The rest will be hung on hangers in my tichy utility room to dry.

Miss tru has gone out for breakfast with her boyfriend, master tru is out for the morning too so it's peaceful here :D

Just pottering about today.

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    LYN many congratulations to your DD, she must have worked really hard to achieve that, you must both be so proud of both your Daughters.

Love to you all and Docky

Candlelightx
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 19 October 2014 at 7:03PM
    Options
    Morning all

Very breezy day , so washing is on the line , I've asked dd2 to strip her bed as it should dry on the line today
    It's her birthday tomorrow but we are celebrating it today as she will be back at uni tomorrow, dd1 is home this weekend too and we are all going out for lunch with a few family members :j

Looked at birthday cakes in the supermarkets £10 :eek: so I made a chocolate cake and covered it in chocolate buttercream and decorated it with DDs favourite sweets . I'm not very good at decorating cakes but it looks ok , I'll add a pic in a few mins

Need to tidy up a bit but generally going to have a relaxing day

Have a good day everyone

Congras to Mrs lurcherwalker ds :T
    Tru hope you,sleep tonight , I didn't sleep Friday night at all! Just couldn't till about half 4 then I was up at half 5 for work , but last night I slept,like a log :D
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Sistercas, the cake looks fab.
    Mrs LW, congrats to dd, I've worked in a school for the last 11 years & it has changed a lot, I work 7:30 to 3:30, I used to be one of the first to arrive, now I struggle to find a parking space.
    LW, I hope you get another booking soon.
    Hugs to Elona, Molly, Lilly & anyone else in need.
    Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • BachSoon
    BachSoon Posts: 172 Forumite
    edited 19 October 2014 at 11:42AM
    Options
    Hello

I hope you don't mind me introducing myself here. I'm BachSoon and i've been lurking here for a while now. I must say, you all have some fabulous OS ideas :)

I moved into my own house a few months ago and the boiler promptly packed in, so I'm currently making friends with my overdraft and attempting to cut all costs possible! My long term goal is to be overpaying on my mortgage, get it paid as much as possible so I can rent out this house when OH and I purchase a house together and have a bit of additional income and financial security. For when we have babies :o Soooo, I've been following all your ideas like a hawk :)

In fact, I'm on a batch cooking frenzy today! Already made sweet potato and apple soup, lentil chilli, spaghetti bolognaise and have leek and potato soup smelling awesome (if I may say so myself) in the slow cooker :D The freezer is rapidly filling up. Planning on making a sausage casserole later when OH gets back from a scout camp he's doing.

It's a beautiful day here in the Midlands so I even have a wash load hanging on the line! This week it's been so rainy that I thought the washing line may as well just go in the shed! Glad I didn't take it down now.

Happy sunday :cheesy:
  • bagpuss38
    Options
    Morning all!

Many thanks for the warm welcome:)

Well it's a lovely sunny day here in sarf london. Couch throws are washed and out on the airer.
    Chicken out defrosted and will cook later with roasted potatoesq and veg. Followed by Apple crumble and custard.
    Currently waiting for breakfast cooked by hubby.:T
    Then I think I'll take the littlies out for an autumn leaf kick about on the common.

Hope everyone has a lovely day whatever your doing xxx
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    A very warm welcome to BAGPUSS and BACHSOON, it is lovely to see new posters enjoying this thread, and it is a good way to start the day.

Candlelightx
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon everyone :)

Sunny and warm here. On one hand it means I can dry washing on the line. However it's October and I want my cold weather!

Spent this morning baking cupcakes with DS (his request) and just made some mahoosive cheese scones. Just had one warm from the oven slathered in butter. Heavenly.
    Just prepping veggies and spuds for roast dinner tonight, chicken is in the remoska.
    Once I've sorted out bomb site of a kitchen I need to pull some dead plants out and dead head a few things in the garden. Then I think I will sit and chill until it's time to cook dinner.

Hugs and spoons all round. Happy Sunday y'all :D
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • inkie
    inkie Posts: 2,609 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Afternoon everyone. Nice and sunny here in s yorks. It would be a great day for getting the washing dry....no washing I'm afraid. We managed to replace our washer yesterday and so cleared the mountainous washing pile yesterday.

Very early start this morning, clock on for 6am as I had to be in BBC Radio studio for 7.20am. But managed to get lots done when got home.

Just got some individual chicken hunters chicken portions in the oven - wouldn't normally get them but managed to pick some up at 2 packs for £1 (with 2 servings in each pack and so chicken for 4 for £1 :)

hope you all are having a good day

inkie
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family