PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread Sunday 19th October

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
Chin up, Titus out.

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all
    Didn't get up 'til 8 this morning, woohoo.
    Fish fed, hubby & I have a cuppa, DW & WM both chugging away.
    All my floors, skirtings & cobwebs have been vacuumed by hubby with the new vacuums so I've sold my upstairs vacuum to a friend of DD & I'm going to try & sell my Henry the same way. I don't have room & none of my family need them.
    It's looking bright outside at the moment but not sure how long it will last, I have the french doos open as it's not cold.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good morning all,

Thank you Hester for starting today's thread.

It was almost 8 before I was awake this morning. Was up with the cat about 4 and then went back to sleep.

Not a lot planned today, the WM is on with a load of coloureds, and it is fine this morning so may be able to dry them outside.

Himself will hoover upstairs later after the bed has had time to air, downstairs I did yesterday. We actually have 2 Dysons now so keep one upstairs, rather than taking it up each time. They are a heavy machine, and the second one was DDs and Himself cleaned it out, bought a new hose and it is as good as new and we keep it in the little bedroom.

Roast beef with all the trimmings for lunch today.

LYN I hope Docky is more settled today and you all had a reasonable night, you too MOLLY.

LILYPLONK hello we miss you, how are you?

Well have a good day all, and hpe the weather stays fine for you

Candlelightx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Really lovely autumn day here in North Kent, hard to believe that next Sunday the clocks go back for an hour, and we will start getting darker nights.
    Today I am making mushroom soup from the big bag I was given yesterday,fingers crossed it will turn out ok,whatever it look like it will be eaten.
    Still not managing much housework at the moment but hey dusting is ok but the hoovering can wait until tomorrow and one of my DGS will whizz round with it for me.Right time for some breakfast I think
    Have a good day everyone what ever you are doing
    Cheers JackieO xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning everyone it's dry here today and I'm hoping to change the bedding and get it dry outside today, nice little breeze blowing too so that should work. Lurchakins was restless again last night but has gone walking happily this morning and is taking medication in pate ( I know!!!) so he's better than yesterday. DD2 passed her exam and had the resulting certificate in the post yesterday and can now add even more letters to her name. She worked so hard for this but with a young baby to look after too it wasn't easy and she felt sure she'd done badly just after taking it, a good achievement I feel which she says will add to her employability in the future as a qualification in obstetrics and gynaecology will always be useful. Little Zebra is gradually getting rid of his cold and is a little less fretty and clingy so life all round is better for her. DD1 who teaches is exhausted as she's had a full on 12 hour a day week and them open morning yesterday and reports to write and the usual marking etc to do as well. She was in her department at 7 yesterday morning and phoned us at 9.30 in the evening still marking with about an hour still to do. I think no one can actually say that teachers are overpaid for the job they do, it isn't just 9 to 3,30 and 'with all those holidays dear' its hard, hard graft!!!

Hope all the poorlies are mending and that any problems are being sorted out, have a good day everyone, Lyn xxx.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,054 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

It's blowing a hooley up here! Strong winds and rain are making things unpleasant. Still not cold though. I had some friends arrive yesterday for a week's holiday, think they'll get more of a rest than we thought.

Had a long chat with the bank yesterday - went to withdraw cash and it was declined :eek: when I rang them it turns out that my card had been used extensively online and they had stopped transactions to the tune of about £2k. Now my card is in bits in the bin, a new card on the way and a declaration form to complete. I know we moan about banks a lot but this time they were on the ball!

Today is definitely a 'not going out' day!

Hope others have better weather.

Happy Sunday everyone.
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Now light here, bright but damp underfoot and so warm.

DH, myself and DS2 all awake and have had a cuppa and breakfast. DS still asleep in his pit.

Lunch yesterday was delicious – made even more so as DH’s aunt had a 50% off all food voucher – so didn’t cost anywhere near what it should have done! Was lovely to get out for a bit.

I remembered to get the beef out of the freezer for lunch – so we’ll be having roast beef, roasties, mash, veg, Yorkshires and gravy.

We’ll be visiting mum and dad today as I think they got back from their hols last night or during the night.

I seem to have pulled a muscle in my chest/shoulder so hobbling around on crutches is really painful at the moment, my body seems to be falling apart at the moment!

Have peaceful Sundays everyone x

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    GERS that has happened to me twice over the years, and I was amazed how quickly the Bank were on to it.

They can obviously tell from the pattern of spending, and as we are creatures of habit, they must recognise something which is out of the ordinary.

Thank goodness they can, and yes I had to sign a statement but never heard anything else, they just refunded my account. Frightening though, isn't it, when you know the card is in your possession?

Sorry your weather isn't good, at the moment it is lovely here, but you know that can change in a blink of an eye :)

Candlelightx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Very mild here again and blowy, I have the bedding in the wm so will hang it out for a while. Just me and little dog at the moment, OH is off at the boot sale.

I have pulled a chicken out of the freezer so we will have that for diner later with roasties and loads of veg will do yorkies as well I think, will invite mum up too.

Hedgehog house is in situ just need the heggie to find it now, we are moving its food nearer to it every night, although its so mild it wont go into hibernation for a while yet.

Quick tidy round this morning then a relaxing afternoon I think.

Have good days all xx
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all

Nmlc, oh how painful, I hope the muscle strain heals quickly.
    Lyn, dear Docky. Congratulations to your dd, and I have a friend who is a teacher and she works long hours too. Glad little one is feeling brighter too.
    Gers, glad your bank was observant, how unnerving though.

Hello to everyone!

Feeling more like my old self today, more get up and go to knuckle down and get on top of my life and make it the way I wish it to be.

So, today I will be continuing with crocheting blanket squares ready for our bed this winter, ironing (i enjoy ironing!) while listening to my Laura Ingalls cd 'The Long Winter' and then will work on a meal plan using up items in the freezer/pantry.

Take care all.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lurchakins was restless again last night but has gone walking happily this morning and is taking medication in pate ( I know!!!) so he's better than yesterday.
    Something of a gourmet, is he?:D If it gets his meds down him, then it's all to the good.:o Auntie Wolfy sends a (((HUG))) and says he's a Good Dog.:o
    Little Jack is on 4 tablets a day for Addisons disease; luckily he takes them quite happily with one of his treats. I shall sure miss the little guy when he goes home on Friday; and unfortunately I have no further bookings at present.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure