Please Help To Remove a Vodafone default

Options
2»

Comments

• mwilliams84
    Options
    Hi Vodafone company rep.

I cant find your contact details on your profile? How can I contact you.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi mwilliams84,

I replied to your email yesterday.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your circumstances however it's a true reflection of how the account was managed.

If the default was to be removed they would have to do the same for other customers so it remains consistent.

Plus it would make a mockery of the system.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • martange04
    Options
    Hi Lee

I am going through a similar situation with Vodafone placing a default on my file which I feel has been done incorrectly. I had 2 contracts with Vodafone, I moved house and had very poor signal so I contacted customer services a short time before the contracts were due to end. I requested that both contracts be cancelled and paid for them both to be paid off. The agent said that this was done over the phone and reassured me that they were both cancelled cleared and nothing else owed. I then check my credit file a few years later and to my horror notice a default which has been placed by Vodafone for £18. I initially thought that someone had taken a line of credit out in my name but once I contacted customer services I was told it was connected to 1 of my accounts. I explained that I had paid off both contracts and cancelled them both on the same day so for whatever reason 1 off them was left to run for another month it was not my fault. The agent whose name was Paul agreed that the default shouldn't have been placed on my file as there is a record of me calling up to cancel and clear them both on the same day so it was Vodafone that was at fault by only cancelling 1 correctly. He stated that the default would be removed from my credit file but this has never been done, all that has changed is the balance now says £0 instead of £18. I have since contacted the CEO office regarding this but all I got was "the default was placed correctly so therefore cannot be removed" this is untrue. The whole time I was a customer with Vodafone I never missed a payment or was late with 1 so for Vodafone to mark my file with a default due to them not cancelling something correctly is nothing to do with the way I handled my accounts. I feel that that the default is extremely unfair and misleading and therefore it should be removed completely from my credit file. I never received any letters from Vodafone regarding a balance owed, if I did it would have been dealt with at that time.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Options
    martange04 wrote: »
    Hi Lee

I am going through a similar situation with Vodafone placing a default on my file which I feel has been done incorrectly. I had 2 contracts with Vodafone, I moved house and had very poor signal so I contacted customer services a short time before the contracts were due to end. I requested that both contracts be cancelled and paid for them both to be paid off. The agent said that this was done over the phone and reassured me that they were both cancelled cleared and nothing else owed. I then check my credit file a few years later and to my horror notice a default which has been placed by Vodafone for £18. I initially thought that someone had taken a line of credit out in my name but once I contacted customer services I was told it was connected to 1 of my accounts. I explained that I had paid off both contracts and cancelled them both on the same day so for whatever reason 1 off them was left to run for another month it was not my fault. The agent whose name was Paul agreed that the default shouldn't have been placed on my file as there is a record of me calling up to cancel and clear them both on the same day so it was Vodafone that was at fault by only cancelling 1 correctly. He stated that the default would be removed from my credit file but this has never been done, all that has changed is the balance now says £0 instead of £18. I have since contacted the CEO office regarding this but all I got was "the default was placed correctly so therefore cannot be removed" this is untrue. The whole time I was a customer with Vodafone I never missed a payment or was late with 1 so for Vodafone to mark my file with a default due to them not cancelling something correctly is nothing to do with the way I handled my accounts. I feel that that the default is extremely unfair and misleading and therefore it should be removed completely from my credit file. I never received any letters from Vodafone regarding a balance owed, if I did it would have been dealt with at that time.

Martange

I would suggest you follow the advice as posted in reply #10.
  • martange04
    Options
    I have tried to do this but I cannot see the option to contact. And when I try to send a message it says that I cannot do it......confused!!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Options
    martange04 wrote: »
    I have tried to do this but I cannot see the option to contact. And when I try to send a message it says that I cannot do it......confused!!

A hint, in the first sentence theres a link, move your mouse cursor over the word "here" and go from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure