London General Holdings Limited

Options
Does anyone know if London General Holdings Limited is still in existence? If so does anyone have a current address.

The one I used from my paperwork was as follows:

London General Holdings Limited
Combined House
15 Wheatfield Way
Kingston-Upon-Thames
Surrey KT1 2PA

Submitted a PPI claim to them nearly 8 weeks ago and have not yet had a reply.

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 October 2014 at 2:39PM
    Options
    They don't seem to have a website which is often a bad sign.

I found the below on a company check website and companies house does list them (company no. SC070087 - London & General Holdings) and doesn't mark them as dissolved but the accounts say they are dormant - maybe someone with better knowledge and access can tell you if they are still active and trading.

They are listed with a Registered Office as per below in Scotland so maybe that is a better place to try

206 ST VINCENT STREET
    GLASGOW
    G2 5SG

Seems you sent it to their Trading Address

COMBINED HOUSE,
    15 WHEATFIELD WAY,
    KINGSTON UPON THAMES,
    SURREY,
    KT1 2PA

Did you send it signed for delivery / have POD?
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    ashamim wrote: »
    Does anyone know if London General Holdings Limited is still in existence? If so does anyone have a current address....

As noted above, the company London & General Holdings Ltd still exists; it basically has a property subsidiary that appears insolvent on paper, but are you sure that's the company you're after?

London General Holdings Limited (no ampersand) was a different company, No. 01883565; now known as TWG Services Limited; basic activity - insurance agents and brokers. And they are/were on the FCA register.

Address:

INTEGRA HOUSE FLOOR 2
    VICARAGE ROAD
    EGHAM
    SURREY
    TW20 9JZ
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    antrobus wrote: »
    As noted above, the company London & General Holdings Ltd still exists; it basically has a property subsidiary that appears insolvent on paper, but are you sure that's the company you're after?

London General Holdings Limited (no ampersand) was a different company, No. 01883565; now known as TWG Services Limited; basic activity - insurance agents and brokers. And they are/were on the FCA register.

Address:

INTEGRA HOUSE FLOOR 2
    VICARAGE ROAD
    EGHAM
    SURREY
    TW20 9JZ

I just went off the address they provided in the OP and Companies House suggested it was London & General but you are probably right there - OP, do you have any documentation confirming the correct name as you will need to ensure the complaint goes to the right place!
  • ashamim
    ashamim Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Nasqueron - Yes I have some original paperwork with the address I listed in the first post on it. Trying to find some means to attach it here, but not sure how.
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    Nasqueron - Yes I have some original paperwork with the address I listed in the first post on it. Trying to find some means to attach it here, but not sure how.

You would need to scan/photograph it and upload it to somewhere like photobucket or tinypic and post a link - you may need to do it in the format hxxp:// as a new user cannot post links.

You could also reply here with details of your PPI complaint - what you complained out and what evidence you have :)

Would suggest resending your complaint to the Glasgow office and sending it RM Signed For once people have had a look at your letters
  • antrobus
    Options

The address listed in the OP is Combined House because it was the HQ of the Combined Insurance Company of America.

That address has cropped up before in conjunction with potential PPI complaints - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=54885725&postcount=10
  • ashamim
    ashamim Posts: 18 Forumite
    edited 16 October 2014 at 11:14PM
    Options
    Address detail image as requested:

IMAG1562_zps80f44b44.jpg
  • antrobus
    Options
    Address detail image as requested:

I think that the company you are looking for is indeed now known as TWG Services Ltd, one of whose previous addresses included Wheatfield Way.

https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/twg-services
  • MrRedBlue
    Options
    They sold extended warranty insurance for

a Brown and white goods

b new and used motor vehicles

Part of C.I.C.A. ( combined insurance company of America ) in the mid 1990's

later rebranded

Aon Warranty Marketing Limited
    15 Wheatfield Way Kingston Upon Thames Surrey KT1 2PQ and

AON UK GROUP LIMITED etc

try THE WARRANTY GROUP UK LIMITED
    with the introduction of direct online sales , the business downsized
    and relocated from Kingston some10 years later
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for updating this two year old thread...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback