Bookable Holidays in Administration

Options
2»

Comments

• sivon
    Options
    Hi, dont know if this helps but myself and 5 family members had booked through bookable for december. We had paid a £4000 deposit with the £2000 balance being due in Nov. Ive contacted beds with ease who have taken over the accom bookings and what they told me is anyone that has paid a deposit will most likely have been to pay for their flight and the remaining amount due is for the accom. As the flight companies request payment as soon as a flight is booked then bookable have done this, however the hotels often don't request the monies upfront and go on the word of the holiday company and only request payment 2wk prior to travel, so therefore alot of people have paid this to bookable who haven't then paid the hotel. I contacted Thomson as when i logged in to bookable manage my booking to print tickets off it wouldn't allow me to! Thomson confirmed my flights were paid and booked and sent email confirm. Beds with ease are now managing my accom and it is payable in November. Anyone who has paid their accom fee or balance on holiday in full is likely to not have the booking of their hotel. This is what i was informed from beds with ease. Please note beds with ease also trades under other names to like Low Cost Sunshine.
  • morrow56
    morrow56 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    All details now forwarded to Lloyds (Halifax) re Chargeback process. ABTA seem pretty sure that I will be refunded by Lloyds as they signed up to the Chargeback procedure.

Thanks for all help and advice, hopefully just a case of being patient and seeing the £481 refunded to my account in due course.

Have now booked same hotel, Liberty, Oludeniz, Turkey with another company and paid by Visa Card. (small deposit only)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure