PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

It's a very sad day for Old style

Options

Comments

• MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Andrea has posted a message from MSE above, but I wanted to add my own personal note. Pink and I used to have little background conversations - she was always dedicated and keen to keep me informed of things I needed to know - polite, lovely, supportive and funny. I am truly saddened to hear of her loss - our community is the worse for it.

Wishing all her friends and family an easy time as possible through the grief.

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • stressedoutmumof1
    Options
    Truly sorry to hear this sad news :(
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Your words and sentiment really mean a lot x Just shows how highly she was appreciated here.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Shereen
    Shereen Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So sorry to hear that. Pink was a real star contributor to this place.
  • booter
    booter Posts: 1,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Didn't want to read and run - such sad news. Condolences to Pink's family and you zippychick and thanks for posting.
  • honey
    honey Posts: 703 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm so, so sorry to hear this. RIP Pink xxx
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Just have to add my condolences. Don't get on to this board much, but is a very sad day. Pink, you will be missed.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,566 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What can still be some comfort is reading Pink on mse, using a recipe:-)

Given the difficulties mse is having today, combatting a major ongoing spam!!!posts attack, I'm glad you have written here.

Puts things into perspective.

Thankyou Pink, thankyou zippychick.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• kassey
    kassey Posts: 1,523 Forumite
    Options
    RIP Pink x
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Awwww no, I used to have a good laugh in the old MSE days with Pink :(:(:( She was very welcoming on my virtual trip to Ireland too - that probably won't make much sense to most people, but trust me, it was a good laugh, that's the connection you get with people even though you never get to meet in the real world.

Big condolences to her family, and Pink, go sort the big man upstairs out :A
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure