17 replies 4.8K views
2»

Replies

• jamescollettjamescollett Forumite
    10 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Heinz wrote: »
    I'd recommend you just phone Primus on 0800 036 0094 to sign up (Primus Saver Option 2 is not widely advertised so you have to be very specific about the name of the package).

Primus Saver Option 2 is explicitly advertised on the planet-talk.co.uk web site as I write.

However there still seems to be a confused message as the MSE article recommends the Primus Saver Option 1 product, which appears to boast exactly the same benefits as the Primus Saver Option 2 product.

Well, I am confused, at least.
  • jamescollettjamescollett Forumite
    10 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Heinz wrote: »
    Moving your line rental to any provider other than BT would mean you would not be able to change CPS provider if you wanted to

What? - never?

Can't you just change the CPS again?
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    What? - never?

Can't you just change the CPS again?
    No, not while your line rental is with a provider other than BT.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Thread resurrection: I have managed to get this to work, will going through u-switch still earn me £16 quidco? And are there any strings attched?
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    rsachoc wrote: »
    Thread resurrection: I have managed to get this to work, will going through u-switch still earn me £16 quidco? And are there any strings attched?
    It's good news and bad news time.

The bad news is that Quidco is now only offering £10 for switching your telephone calls package through uswitch via them.

The good news is that, by being a little creative (see HERE), you can get the uswitch site to offer you Primus Saver Option 2 (the package you want).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • I had a primus CPS service on line for a long time but I use to get charges for all calls. I mainly used the BT line for broadband so did not bothered.

Recently I start using my phone and recomendation from this website, I called Primus and requested my price plan to be changed to Primus Saver option 2 to get free evening and weekend calls. I called them around 24th November and I was told my price plan will be changed over after my next bill issued which was 3rd December.

After 3rd December, I phoned Primus and confirmed that my package has been changed and now can I use free eveing and weekend calls.

Now further problems I phoned up Primus again on Thursday 13th Dec. and I was told that my pacakage will be changed on the 15th Dec and this is my billing cycle. They told me that my next bill date is 27th Dec. They seem to have different bill dates and billing cycles.

I explained to the gentlement that when I requested the change in package I was told that I can use free evening and weekend minutes after my next bill which was 3rd December. The guy from primus diagareed and told me that non of there primus staff can say that. So simply in another words he said that the customer was lying.

Not completely sure what's going on. I can no longer beleive whatever primus says. I have stopped using my phone and awaiting for my bill to arrive.

Can you please advice what should I do?

Thanks
    M
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    You probably use 18185, 1899 or 18866 for your weekday daytime UK 01/02 calls anyway (5p for a call of unlimited duration).

I'd suggest you use 18185 for your evening and weekend calls too until you're certain your Primus Saver Option 2 package (free evening and weekend UK 01/02 calls of up to 90 minutes each) is operational.

There's only 11 days to go until 27-12-07 anyway so (depending on your evening/weekend use) there won't be an horrendous cost if you do that.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides