Royal Welsh show. Anyone going?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
I love going to this show but am so un-decided this year. I should think there will be a sea of mud

Is anyone going?

Comments

• pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    every year i say im going to go this year... and end up wprking :rolleyes:

one year, i shalll make it!
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wow. I had one lucky escape. I just saw the tv pictures.
  • lisa76
    lisa76 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    our colonel was going today but it took him 4 hours to go a few miles so decided not to bother

mum was going on wednesday but has decided against it

i've been twice years ago, and i won't be going again - there are only so many tractors and cows you can look at!
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    there was mention of the show should have been cancelled... but they said the show was going ahead, and that the new drainage system that was put into place should cope... but as the photos on the tv today.... shows its not going to be an injoyable day out there.....
    i think it should have been cancelled or moved to another date.....
    Work to live= not live to work
  • DIRTY_CASH
    DIRTY_CASH Posts: 306 Forumite
    Options
    Can't wait for the RWS mud, rain wellies and all!! Its part and parcel of the event.

I don't think you can realisticaly move the date of the show... this is Wales we get this all the time only you don't really expect it in July. You wouldn't cancel Glasto becuase of the rain.

Last year was the complete opposite - heatstroke, fainting, sunburn all over the place.... no one expected that either.....and some were even moaning about that.

I just love the atmosphere. The animals alone are an eductaion in itself to a city girl like me... who'd have thought cows and pigs wer so [EMAIL="fl@ming"]fl@ming[/EMAIL] big! The food stores are great and theres always the shopping.....
    Dirty Cash- DEBT BATTLER:mad:
  • mollyjak
    mollyjak Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    We're off to the show tomorrow, got walking boots, hat, waterproof jacket so don't mind if we get wet. Did plan on going last year but it was so hot we didn't.
    There is so much to see - all the crafts, foods, shopping areas and i love to see the big Charoley(not sure of spelling) cows and bulls they are HUGE

Mother-in-law and FIL went on Tuesday and they are in their 80's but they enjoyed it and recommended goat stew which was being handed out.
    So off to bed as we have an early start!!!
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My bosses went ,but turned back round and didnt bother staying !!!
  • DIRTY_CASH
    DIRTY_CASH Posts: 306 Forumite
    Options
    Been - went yesterday -piddled down again as expected. Bought my wellies. Great event despite the deluges. Brightened up in the afternoon any got the bare arms out... Roll on next year.
    Dirty Cash- DEBT BATTLER:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport