We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Went over to Inverness to a boot sale, but a bit disappointing. Picked up paint & tried to buy spots from Screw Fix but didn't have the transformer in so left it for now.

Torrential rain - real Monsoon type downpour = like we need more rain. It's sopping. Poor folks on camping & biking holidays. Wind is picking up & it's cold.

Not been too well later today. Re-listed some stuff on the bay as it's FLW, but it's so slow & sales are so crap that I doubt it's worth listing anything fresh, plus I can't be bovered.

The weather is supposed to pick up this week - I do hope so. The grass in't great for the sheep. Glad I don't have jut as many lambs as I've had in the past.
    The farmers are really struggling if they have larger herds/cows as there's no hay to be had. It is pretty desperate for some. The temps have rarely been above 10 degrees so what grass there is is not really very good. I am luckier in that mine eat heather & are very thrifty really. I've still been feeding them every two or three days which you shouldn't really need to, but just gives them the minerals.

Going to bed as I am feeling ruff ruff.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Been browsing the stove site too long now. :D

Thinking of something a bit like this set into proper fire surrounds rather than just hanging on blank walls so at first glance you just don't notice, for the rooms we wanted open fires in but cannot have them.

http://www.whatstove.co.uk/wanders-diamond-wood-burning-stove-reviews
  • choille
    Options
    Lovely looking stove LIR.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    morning all...

another lovely start to the day here, feel for you choille :o lets hope you get your summer yet and you can smirk at us if ours changes..

im taking mum to see dad then im continueing pruning shrubs now trees have gone . and may get to mow. working rest of the week so only have today to get stuck in..
    I wish I could green up my grass... it looks tired :( but then so do I ;)

have a good day y'all:D
  • choille
    Options
    I think we may have a late one! I do hope so. Grey overcast again.

Plumbers here so that is good. His mate is off on hol so it restricts where he can go.

Feel really tired but I think it's the weather as I've not been at all busy! Given up[ on the garden as most folks have. It looks a jungle.

Really do need to tackle a load of trees that seem to have sprung up & are too crowded.

The stoves are lovely LIR, but I checked out the prices & they are scary - just like anything that looks really really good.
    Anyone got any links for good beds? - love the large padded head boards & also the French style on coachhouse.com
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My flipping computer keeps crashing in work, and I need it to print things off:mad:

Davesnave, what's happening down your neck of the woods re- roads blocked re- suspicious packets???
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Davesnave, what's happening down your neck of the woods re- roads blocked re- suspicious packets???

Dunno. The only thing showing on traffic news is in Exeter, where there's an 'incident' and diversion in place.

Suspicious packets? Must be some of they Glaston berries folks go on about, but that be up the road in Zummerzet. Us don't grow 'em yer! :cool:

Chap just came to the door saying he runs the place for vulnerable youngsters up the road. Could they use some of our rubble for a building project? :D

Oooh, I think I could spare a little! :rotfl:
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    $_57.JPG
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    CHOILLE.....36mm x 10 metres =£60
    synthetic hemp look. they are FITNESS GYM ROPES..

but im waiting to see "friend"
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    ive been hacking out weeds and heavy pruning shrubs that were mis-shapened by firs and ive over done it in the heat !! got a stonking headache now !! cuppa me thinks....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback