The £1,000 emergency fund challenge.

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    patman99 wrote: »
    Starting to get statements in from my creditors. Have decided to use some of my EF to make a full and final offer on one of them.

Good luck with it, patman:beer:

I'm going to start down the same route with my outstanding debts anytime now too. Planning to get them picked off one by one and be finally debt-free by the very end of this year:j. Not going to be easy but I'm determined to give it a mighty good try. I'll be using the money I've managed to squirrel away from a couple of PPI payouts (sadly not mega ones:() and the fact I've only been paying token payments to all creditors for the past 6 months.

I hope your new washing machine has now arrived and is working well. Nothing worse than having no way of getting the washing done, especially as you do your mother's too.

Sorry I haven't visited the challenge for a while. I hope all members are doing well, saving money and enjoying the sunshine:beer:
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Options
    230 Rereporting for duty.
    Starting Dave Ramsey properly now. Going to aim for £1k EF done in 3 months. Starting balance. £1
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • mossy
    mossy Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have an empty EF at the moment but I'm hoping that once I start my job in September I'll be able to clear bits left on my credit cards from last year's holiday and then build my EF up to £1k. I think that should be achievable, although after studying full time for a year there are a LOT of things that need paying for and things that need doing in the house.

I'll get there though. :)

Hope everyone has a sunny bank holiday weekend. :D
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    230- Another £3.30 into the EF.
  • Treasurequeen
    Treasurequeen Posts: 615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    #223 Have finally got £1000 in my EF depending on whether I get anything unexpected come through. Which is why I needed the EF in first place just in case I needed it.:j
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done treasurequeen.

Not had much to report of late. EF is bouncing up and down as I keep on top of my monthly outgoings.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Finally happy to report that we have £1000 in our EF. Thanks to OH getting a pension payout and we are spending it wisely.....saving to EF, putting some towards F&F's on our DMP and getting another car before ours finally gives up the ghost.
  • Charleyalmostking
    Options
    tips for building up your Emergency fund whilst having a wedding & christmas to save for?
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    Could you set up a sinking funds?
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    I am going to aim for £500 EF. As that what Dave Ramsey Recommends for low incomes. Found 22p in an old survey account so have transferred that to EF now. That brings my balance to £76.11 including the cheque I am waiting to clear.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure