Arrangement to pay, but no arrangement ?

Options
Hi there, me again banging on about arrangement to pay markers!
I've just been looking at my Halifax cc statements from when I was in my DMP. They never froze interest, but withdrew the credit facity ie I couldn't use the card. After a few years of payments my DMP offer met the minimum payment, with interest, and was made on time but through payplan as a third party. They have reported this as AR on my credit file. Shouldn't this really be reported as ok?

Comments

• dumpyboy
    dumpyboy Posts: 379 Forumite
    Options
    I brought this up in a complant I was paying 2to 3 times what would be the minimum payment and still being mark AR with a monthly staus not makeing contractual payment took it FOS they said I enter in to a14 year arrangement so it can be reported as
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Emmzy01 wrote: »
    Shouldn't this really be reported as ok?

The minimum payment is irrelevant. You breached the terms and conditions on the account. The lender agreed to a repayment schedule to clear the debt. So there was no return to the original contractual terms.
  • happy_bunny_2
    Options
    Hi there, me again banging on about arrangement to pay markers!
    I've just been looking at my Halifax cc statements from when I was in my DMP. They never froze interest, but withdrew the credit facity ie I couldn't use the card. After a few years of payments my DMP offer met the minimum payment, with interest, and was made on time but through payplan as a third party. They have reported this as AR on my credit file. Shouldn't this really be reported as ok?

They seem to be able to do this, but they should have informed you it would be reported as an AR. If they did not, complain in writing. You might not get anywhere, but worth a go. You could try arguing it should have defaulted, especially if paying significantly less than the required minimum.

How much is left to pay, when will it be paid?
    :beer:
  • Emmzy01
    Emmzy01 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Well a result today. Halifax have agreed it was wrongly marked and will remove 18 months of AR markers from 2009 -10 when my plan covered the payments. They have also refunded £790 of interest and charges from when I was in financial difficulties given me £60 for compensation and £5 to cover my phone call. I'm over the moon.
  • so_very_confused
    Options
    Well a result today. Halifax have agreed it was wrongly marked and will remove 18 months of AR markers from 2009 -10 when my plan covered the payments. They have also refunded £790 of interest and charges from when I was in financial difficulties given me £60 for compensation and £5 to cover my phone call. I'm over the moon.

Well done, great result it pays to complain.
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family