We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

credit card ppi claiming

I currently have 1 credit card and have had 2 credit cards in the past, and would like to claim for any ppi that I maybe entitled to. however I don't have any info or old statements from 1 of the cards so don't know if I paid ppi or not. therefore if I was to write to said card company asking if I did have ppi on it,and I unknowingly did, legally do they have to say yes or could they lie and say no so I couldn't then make a claim?


thanks for reading, any info/help would much appreciated.

Comments

  • Just contact the company and ask the question. If you are unsure about their response you can always ask for copies of the paperwork via a SAR.

    The biggest problem is not companies lying, it is incompetent staff and poor record keeping so just ask and see what you get back
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.