Options
13»

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Shake wrote: »
    ...I have responded by...cancelling my credit card.
    That'll probably hurt MBNA more than it'll hurt A&L though.

Still, it's probably for the best.
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why on earth did Shake's 80-year-old, telephone illiterate, father open a bank account which was designed for telephone servicing?

I think it's the choice of account, not the customer service model, which warrants criticism there. And presumably the £15k of balances are in accounts paying loss-making interest rates, like eSaver?
  • Alfie_E
    Alfie_E Posts: 1,293 Forumite
    Options
    Shake wrote: »
    See if the Spanish takeover fixes anything.
    Just like with Abbey. :rotfl:
    古池や蛙飛込む水の音
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LOL. Abbey must get more complaint letters sent to Sunday newspapers' financial columns than any other, by a long way. And most of those complaints post-dated the Santander takeover.
  • truthfact
    Options
    hi,

i too had this charge taken from my account which took my overdrawn, i had no knowledge about it and i dont remember any such condition on my original contract, i signed up early 2008.

i complained and they refunded the 5 pounds but said it was good will refund and i should fund the account in future.

i have asked for a signed copy of the t+c with my signature to be sent to me but as yet i have not received it.

i have a rule and its not to pay charges on any bank account i have, if they have my money making them interest, why should i also pay to have the account.

if they want the money, i will simply close the account just like others have mentioned.
  • truthfact
    Options
    just a comment on abbey as it was before the merger, again, as mentioned above, in recent years i have found abbey to be a terrible bank for service.
  • iblametheparents
    Options
    I opened an account with A&L for the £50 cashback being offered on TCB about a year ago, and I've never actually used the account. It migrated to the Santander system in July or August and on 9 October I've been charged a £5 under funding fee, I'm going to ring up tomorrow to complain then going to go in to the branch to close the account.
  • travelmonkey
    Options
    I just sent them a secure message via online banking and got a refund of the £5 charge within a few days, it's always worth dropping them a nice message asking for the money back.

:beer:
  • GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I just sent them a secure message via online banking and got a refund of the £5 charge within a few days, it's always worth dropping them a nice message asking for the money back.
    :beer:

Hi

When I received my statement it had a £5.00 to be charged in a week's time on it. I rang them twice and it wasn't actioned.

Agree with travelmonkey. It's worth ringing up and challenging it.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport