Shabby Chic Christmas

Options

Comments

• Suzie1987
    Options
    Thanks and does anyone have a link to the bronte rose site and other similar sites that could be useful? Thanks Mamto3 I will take a peek now. Eeeek exciting!
  • VintageBelle
    Options
    If you are creative the best thing you can do is to make your own stuff. Especially small furniture items. I am no diy expert but I have decorated a shabby chic phone table by cleaning it, sanding it down (by hand), painting it cream then distressing it with the sand paper again. It looked really cool. I also did it on the funny little display boxes you used to put thimbles in. I used a piece of wallpaper for the back and painted the rest cream. There is so much you can do. If you are on Facebook there are great pages you can join there too like the shabby chic page and decoupage page. They can help with any queries too. Just do a search on there. Good luck :)
  • mamto3
    mamto3 Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    I have never heard of Bronte Rose before so will be having a browse, but, here is your link:

http://www.bronterose.co.uk/occasions/christmas.html

xx
  • stevecarpman
    Options
    Thanks for the link, the wife was only saying this morning about looking at a shabby chic christmas, will check it out! is it your site?:beer:
  • stevecarpman
    Options
    We are going to have a go at making our own paper decorations though, its a great idea, saves money and also is a good bonding exercise for the family! Merry Christmas
  • Suzie1987
    Options
    Thanks guys. I will take a look at bronte rose site now. I want to do a couple of homemade decs but not all of them as then the ones we make will be that bit more special. Sounds stupid I know :-)
  • mamto3
    mamto3 Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the link, the wife was only saying this morning about looking at a shabby chic christmas, will check it out! is it your site?:beer:
    No, I was just sourcing the link for Suzie, the range is a great shop to browse but I had never heard of the other one!!

(advertising your own pages is a no no)
  • Suzie1987
    Options
    Checked out both sites and they both had some really good stuff. Those coupled with good ol' fashioned eBay and I think I am ready to rock n roll! Thanks ever so much for all your help and suggestions guys
  • midnightraven3
    Options
    dotcom giftshop is anther place that does shabby chic-esque decorations and ideas

http://www.dotcomgiftshop.com/christmas-tree-decorations?ll=menulink
  • Suzie1987
    Options
    Thanks to be honest the Bronte Rose site is the one that has been best so far as its got a load of tid bits. That and I have seen a couple of really good youtube videos on making your own
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure