IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Please help VCS Fine at JLA???

Options
Hi,

I recieved a parking fine for stopping on the road leading up to John Lennon Airport, it was just seconds as a passenger got in, however my fault as it was on double red lines!

The letter states i have 28 days to pay £60.00 and after it will be £100.00.

I have looked online and people say to ignore the letters as VCS have no offical right to make you pay?

What are your views??

Thanks
Zoe

Comments

• bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's nobody's fault because it's not a fine. Double red lines are nothing more than pretty graffiti on private property.

Read the Newbies thread. VCS are dead easy to see off.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • zoechicken
    Options
    So would i not get in any trouble for 'ignoring it'?

I have read trough the various letters in which they will send me so i am expecting all that, just want to make sure it wont effect my credit rating and such

Thanks
  • bazster
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    zoechicken wrote: »
    So would i not get in any trouble for 'ignoring it'?

I have read trough the various letters in which they will send me so i am expecting all that, just want to make sure it wont effect my credit rating and such

Thanks

Who said to ignore it? I said to read the Newbies thread.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • zoechicken
    Options
    Also has a picture of my car but not a photo of me.
  • zoechicken
    Options
    bazster wrote: »
    Who said to ignore it? I said to read the Newbies thread.

Sorry but i dont know where to find this thread?
  • bazster
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's at the top of the forum, where it says "NEWBIES!!"
    Je suis Charlie.
  • zoechicken
    Options
    Thank you, but no mention of the VCS?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

Do a search of the forum - use 'VCS JLA' or 'VCS Liverpool' or 'VCS Airport'. They are active at other airports too, but their modus op is the same at each one, and the way to beat them is the same, regardless of which airport.

But ignoring isn't the way to do it, unless you know what you are doing and how to deal with the consequences. You need to tackle this head on, via a combination of reading the NEWBIES sticky and the results of your search (as above).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Why would you need it? Doesn't the Newbies thread make it clear the template appeal 'suits all cases'? This is dead easy you know.

And as for POPLA stage (the 2nd appeal where you will WIN), do as Umkomaas says 'Do a search of the forum - use 'VCS JLA' or 'VCS Liverpool' or 'VCS Airport'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ezerscrooge
    Options
    Follow this link... and read 'VCS at any airport'

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62180281&posted=1

JLA is a regular case on here and you can view other successful appeals by doing a Forum Search (in the heading in top green band) on 'John Lennon VCS'

Don't ignore it (they have 6 years to cause you lots of hassle) - appeal it and it put it way forever.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure