Homebase v Argos, same item different price?

Options
Feeling a bit cheated this afternoon, have just had a wardrobe delivered by an Argos delivery truck.

I ordered a wardrobe from Homebase online last week and so was surprised it was delivered by Argos, anyway I now realise they are the same etc.

Just checked and the exact same wardrobe is over £20 cheaper brought from Argos :mad:

Would I have any rights to get the difference in cost from Homebase, just think its a bit of a swizz, same wardrobe, same delivery etc but costing more!

Comments

• LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mumx3 wrote: »
    Feeling a bit cheated this afternoon, have just had a wardrobe delivered by an Argos delivery truck.

I ordered a wardrobe from Homebase online last week and so was surprised it was delivered by Argos, anyway I now realise they are the same etc.

Just checked and the exact same wardrobe is over £20 cheaper brought from Argos :mad:

Would I have any rights to get the difference in cost from Homebase, just think its a bit of a swizz, same wardrobe, same delivery etc but costing more!

Not unless they have a price matching guarantee. The time to research prices is before making a purchase, not after.
  • sinizterguy
    Options
    Tough. Should have checked before.

They have no obligation to offer you the best price or even a price match - although they may, if you ask, in-store, prior to purchase.
  • lucy03
    lucy03 Posts: 520 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mumx3 wrote: »

No legal rights but a nicely phrased letter might get a goodwill gesture.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure