Cheque Clearing

Hi all

Might be a silly question but I have received a cheque from Halifax for PPI reclaim.

Now I want to pay this into my account in branch but I do not currently have a debit card as I am waiting for a replacement due to losing my old one (should arrive within 7 days).

My question is can I pay a cheque into my account in branch without presenting my debit card?

Also is it still the normal 2-4-6 clearing for a Halifax cheque paid into my Halifax account?

Thank you

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,590
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes, you can - with a pay-in slip. You can find a printed one in your cheque book if you have one or fill in a generic pay-in slip with your account details in a branch.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • That's great thanks a lot!

Does anybody know about the time for Halifax to clear a Halifax cheque - I would have thought it might be instant due to it being a cheque from themselves or am I wrong?
  • BMN
    BMN Posts: 330 Forumite
    It won't be instant. Standard 2-4-6 clearing process I'm afraid.
  • BMN wrote: »
    It won't be instant. Standard 2-4-6 clearing process I'm afraid.

The OP already stated they were aware of the 2-4-6 clearing cycle.
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • BMN
    BMN Posts: 330 Forumite
    The OP already stated they were aware of the 2-4-6 clearing cycle.

Yes that's clear from their opening post. And that's exactly why I used the same 2-4-6 terminology without offering any additional explanation.

My post wasn't intended to make the OP aware of the 2-4-6 clearing cycle, but rather to inform them that a PPI cheque from Halifax paid into a Halifax account would be subject to the same 2-4-6 clearing cycle and would not clear instantly.
  • PPI refunds are drawn normally on a head office account of the bank so will not instantly clear.
    Normal clearing cycle will apply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport