Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Moving house, cancel Sky and return as new cusotmer?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
3 replies 1.1K views
Glitter_princessGlitter_princess Forumite
4 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
Hi
I'm sorry if this has been posted before and is in the wrong section. We will be moving in a month or so and hubby thinks it's best to cancel the sky and get and new subscription as a new cusotmer at the new house

Can you do this or do you need to have left for a certain amount of time.
Also my husband needs Internet at home for work so we need this set asap and the bt has been disconnected at the property. Will being a new cusotmer delay things (we get phone internet and to from Sky).

Many thanks

Replies

• I was just about to post the same thing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    hubby thinks it's best to cancel the sky and get and new subscription as a new cusotmer at the new house
    If you sign up as a "new" subscriber then it will have to be in a different name and use a different bank account etc.

Do note that Sky do a free "Home Move" service for which they provide a free installation of a new satellite dish (if one is required) at the new property.

Otherwise, customers have to have left Sky for 12 months or more to qualify for new customer deals.

Sky Internet is dependent upon BT Openreach installing a line at the new property.
  • We did exactly that when we moved a few years ago and planning to do it again when we move in a few weeks, as moneyineptitude says probably best to do it from a different bank account. There might be some installation cost, but the new customer discounts will more than offset this.
This discussion has been closed.