Best bank accounts filled. Where to next?

Hi all,

I've taken advantage of all the high interest 'best bank accounts' available to me (no joint accounts as I'm single) and now have a Nationwide FlexDirect coming to an end and an ISA which is dropping to a 0.7% rate. I also skim off the monthly interest to a Lloyds 4% monthly saver account, which is also at it's monthly pay-in limit.

Any suggestions on where I should transfer the £8k from the two above accounts? I was thinking a short term NISA?

Many thanks

Comments

• ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    All :question:
  • ceredigion wrote: »
    All :question:

Sorry, I should have been a little clearer. All the accounts as stated in Martin's 'Best bank accounts' guide
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Postcard wrote: »
    Sorry, I should have been a little clearer. All the accounts as stated in Martin's 'Best bank accounts' guide
    Why not say which accounts you have, rather than have people guessing and suggesting accounts you already have?

Having said that, I don't think the above article mentions BoS Vantage? If it doesn't, then there's room for £15K there.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    yorkshire bank
  • Why not say which accounts you have, rather than have people guessing and offering accounts you already have?

Having said that, I don't think the above article mentions BoS Vantage? If it doesn't, then there's room for £15K there.

Sorry,

I currently have:

Santander 123
    Lloyds Club account
    Lloyds Club monthly saver
    TSB classic plus x2
    Nationwide Flexdirect
    Tesco Bank
    Virgin money ISA
    Nationwide ISA

Thanks for the suggestion Yorkshireboy. I think I enquired about the BoS accounts some time ago but decided to look elsewhere as there were no local branches, so may have had problems with providing ID in branch etc. I'll have another look into their accounts though, thank you.
  • YorkshireBoy
    Forumite
    ceredigion wrote: »
    yorkshire bank
    Clydesdale is mentioned in the above referenced article, as is Tesco, so OP must already have those three (1 x YB/CB and 2 x Tesco), along with Santander, Club Lloyds, & 2 x TSB.

But if they've the thick end of £50K in cash, maybe they should consider other options such as S&S (ISA or unwrapped). If they're concerned about the associated risks, then regular savers may be the way to go?
  • YorkshireBoy
    Forumite
    Sorry,

I currently have:

Santander 123
    Lloyds Club account
    Lloyds Club monthly saver
    TSB classic plus x2
    Nationwide Flexdirect
    Tesco Bank
    Virgin money ISA
    Nationwide ISA

Thanks for the suggestion Yorkshireboy. I think I enquired about the BoS accounts some time ago but decided to look elsewhere as there were no local branches, so may have had problems with providing ID in branch etc. I'll have another look into their accounts though, thank you.
    There's no BoS branch anywhere near me, but I managed to open 3 accounts by phone without issue.

What about a 2nd Tesco account?
  • There's no BoS branch anywhere near me, but I managed to open 3 accounts by phone without issue.

What about a 2nd Tesco account?

I've yet to open a 2nd Tesco account as I completely forgot about it! Thanks! Another debit card to add to the collection :D
  • YorkshireBoy
    Forumite
    I've yet to open a 2nd Tesco account as I completely forgot about it! Thanks! Another debit card to add to the collection :D
    You wanted room for £8K, and we've found room for £18K. Should be OK for a while then?
  • You wanted room for £8K, and we've found room for £18K. Should be OK for a while then?

Yes, more than enough! Thank you :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport