We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:
Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour.
Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Offered on a Repo !! very nervous now
Comments
-
Just out of interest if the other party dont comeback with an offer does the price revert to our previous offer or does it go for our highest offer?
Also how do you go about getting the true value on a house like this.
originally was a 2 bed end terrace and has been extended into a 4 bed end terrace.
Next door is a 2 bed and on zoopla for £156k
most 3 beds on the estate are going for £170 and £180k
zoopla has this one valued at £185k0 -
So just as an update..
I phoned the EA this morning and they were still waiting for the other party to submit an offer.
HOw long do I give them before contacting them again??
Is there a time limit for them to submit there offer?
As this house is a repo is there likely to be a home report or anything else like that?0 -
No.bikingbarney wrote: »So just as an update..
HOw long do I give them before contacting them again??
Ring for an update every day?
Is there a time limit for them to submit there offer?
The time limit is however long the bank/seller is prepared to wait...
As this house is a repo is there likely to be a home report or anything else like that?
Consider putting a limit on your offer. write, confirming your offer formally, and say it is good until xx date after which you will withdraw it and lok elsewhere.
(you can always change your mind later if this bluff does not work!)0 -
The problem is that there is nothing else in the area for sale that looks as good as this one so would need to pull out of my own house sale which I dont really want to do as have had a fair offer on my house.0
-
Well.
Got a phone call at just gone half five to say our offer has been accepted. Well happy but the stress starts for real now I guess.0 -
It makes no sense however.Virtually every repo I've seen and i have bought 2 , would still be advertised and still up for sale until exchange. What's to stop other parties now expressing interest or offering ?0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.2K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.8K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards