Halifax reward 3 DDs?

A friend who has a Halifax reward account didn't get her usual five pounds and went into the local branch to ask why. She was told she needs to pay three DDs from now on. Aside from the question should she have been informed of a change of policy in order to get her reward, rather than just left to wonder why, there's no mention of this change on their website. Has anyone else been told about this? My branch says two DD's and didn't seem to know of any changes to the reward account, which was odd as it's the same branch my friend uses!
'When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful.........'

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Local branch staff were wrong!

If she:

1. Credited the account with £750 during the calendar month
    2. Paid 2 DDs during the calendar month (check statement for dates processed)
    3. Stayed in credit during the monthly billing cycle (2nd working day of the month to 1st working day of the next month)

...then she should have received the Reward.
  • Yes, she did all that, but that's what she was told when she went in there. I suggested writing to the manager to complain as it doesn't seem to be a policy change at all. Thought it might be worth checking on here to see if it's happened to anyone else.
  • "Switch to our Reward Current Account and we'll give you a monthly £5 reward - just so long as each calendar month you pay in a minimum of £750, pay out at least two different direct debits and keep your account in credit."

I just copied and pasted that off the halifax.co.uk homepage.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • Don't listen to branch staff. A Lloyds' 'branch manager' informed me that I needed 2 DDs for their Vantage accounts, so refused to open one for me. I opened one online an hour later.

If she hasn't done so, give them a call. Halifax call staff are usually good.
  • Surely it won't be paid until next Wednesday? My five pounds is credited on the first of the month. I thought everyone was the same.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • Yes, it was this months that wasn't paid.
  • debonair wrote: »
    Yes, it was this months that wasn't paid.
    Do you mean that September has seen a £750 credit, no overdraft and two direct debits?

Or do you mean August met with the criteria but didn't trigger the fiver in September?
  • Don't listen to branch staff. A Lloyds' 'branch manager' informed me that I needed 2 DDs for their Vantage accounts, so refused to open one for me. I opened one online an hour later.

If she hasn't done so, give them a call. Halifax call staff are usually good.
    You do need 2 now but why would you bother as interest rate is only 1.5%?
  • Do you mean that September has seen a £750 credit, no overdraft and two direct debits?

Or do you mean August met with the criteria but didn't trigger the fiver in September?

No fiver in Sept.
  • No issues with mine. But i did put some money in too early in July. Deposited the money on the 30th. If i had waited until Friday 1st i wouldnt have had to deposit more in August.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure