Arthritis advice

I ended up in hospital a month or so ago, to cut a long story short, I have arthritis in various areas. I have had to be moved from my regular work to a different area, as deemed by our occ health team. I am coping OK with this. But the aching just doesn't go away. I am tired all of the time.

My hours have been reduced and my days shortened.

I have no idea what on earth I need to claim?? Before this , I caaimed nothing apart from single person council tax 25% discount. I didn't claim working tax or housing benefits.

I haven't done any self employed work for the last month due to the constant aching/tiredness.

I have been paid as usual by my work, and am back working now but reduced hours. 24 over 4 days.

I live alone and am in my early 30s. I have nothing in writing to say arthritis. I have had blood tests done, but as yet haven't had results.
I have been referred to Rheumatology consultant??

My symptoms came on very quickly and worsened to a point last month where I ended up in hospital in agony. I wasn't expecting them to tell me I have arthritis, I always thought it was for older people.

As I am unable to work my full hours, am I able to get any help. I have been told to look at disabled wtc, and pip, but is arthritis deemed a disability?? I am managing at work, just less hours and a slower paced job.

Also if anyone has any advice on lessening the aching that would be lovely. It seems it feels worse when I am cold. Getting warm is a battle in itself. My feet and legs just wont warm up.

Of course I am hoping to be allowed back to work full time, but occ health have said no for now. I am quite shocked about how this happened so fast to me.


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals