Not sure how I should get my money back??

Options
I brought a mobile phone, just the phone no calling plan, from phones4u from their website online. Before buying it I spoke, online, to a sales person and told them what I was wanting from a phone so that I could buy one that met my needs. The phone came but it did not do what the sales person said, and seemed to have an intermittent fault that made certain applications, such as the camera, freeze.
I left it a few days to see if things improved but I still had issues with the phone so went online to see how to send it back but by this time phones4u had gone in to administration and the website was down. It had an email on there for customer support so I emailed them to explain the situation and how I wanted to return the phone for a refund. They said I had a 14 day cooling off period so this was fine and that they would send out a returns pack and give a refund and that I should receive the pack within 5 days. This was 8 days ago. I have had no returns pack and no refund.
I brought the phone on a credit card. I contacted the card providers a little before phones4u, about making a section 75 claim, and they said they would send a form out, but I haven't recieved one.

Where do I stand, what is the best way to get my money back? Can I do a chargeback rather than going the section 75 route?

Comments

• bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    S75 is your best option. The bank accounts will be frozen so a chargeback wouldn't work as well as the fact you still have the phone so wouldn't work anyway.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    +1 to S75, assuming the phone was at least £100.
  • lianse_2
    Options
    Thanks for the replys.

yeah the phone was £300 so within the price range required.

If s75 is the best option then I will get back on to the credit card company then and see where the claim form is as it is taking its time getting here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure