Telecommunication Protection Services

Options
BrosLady
BrosLady Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 25 September 2014 at 2:14PM in Phones & TV
Thanks to Grumbler for the link.
Had a contact telephone call but hadn't heard of them. Wanted to check up on them and found that my initial alarms confirmed.

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    BrosLady wrote: »
    Thanks to Grumbler for the link.
    Had a contact telephone call but hadn't heard of them. Wanted to check up on them and found that my initial alarms confirmed.

The reason for your post s not clear.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    As the organisations's initials are the same as and the name is broadly similar to the (free) Telephone Preference Service, I think we can guess what their game is.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    The reason for your post s not clear.
    The OP originally posted this elsewhere on the forum.

Grummbler pointed the correct place for it.
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    The "real" TPS has a list of dubious organisations on a warning page HERE.

One of the ones mentioned is Telecom Protection Service which is pretty similar sounding to the OP's caller.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • BrosLady
    Options
    I was telephoned by Telephone Protection Service telling me that they had been informed that I had had a spate of nuisance calls. They offered me a service for 3 years barring such calls for 60p a week, totally free after that.
    As I had never heard of them, I said I wanted to think about it. I was given their number and place of business - Bournemouth. Checking them out for an expected call the next day, I found this site.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 September 2014 at 8:59AM
    Options
    Why even 'think' about it-all they will do is register you with the TPS, which you can do yourself for no cost, if you are not already registered.
    And did you not wonder how a third party could possibly have access to records of your incoming phone calls? The answer, of course, is that they don't, it's just a scam.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport