PPI reclaim following cancer recovery

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
2 replies 976 views
Meadow2014Meadow2014 Forumite
2 Posts
Hi,

Can anyone help?

I have PPI on a credit card which I want to claim back.

I had a cancer diagnosis and treatment five years back (and have made a full recovery thankfully). I was off work for two years and I did not make any claims against my PPI. I wasn't actually aware that I could do so which, in hindsight, was very stupid of me but I kind of had bigger fish to fry at the time.

Do I make reference to this in my PPI questionnaire form when I request a refund?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I was off work for two years and I did not make any claims against my PPI. I wasn't actually aware that I could do so which, in hindsight, was very stupid of me but I kind of had bigger fish to fry at the time.

Have you thought about making a claim now? Many insurers will consider claims this long after the event providing the medical information is there to support it.
    Do I make reference to this in my PPI questionnaire form when I request a refund?

it has absolutely no relevance to a mis-sale complaint. However, the outcome of the claim may be greater than the outcome of a complaint that may not succeed.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Thank you, I will pursue the option of claiming retrospectively. Much appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals