🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Bank Accounts

Options
If I have 10 Cash Card Accounts with Barclays should they show up on my credit file even though they don't have to do a credit check when you open them?

Comments

• ~Beanie~
    ~Beanie~ Posts: 3,043 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    No, your credit file shows credit facilities, you don't have any credit available with these accounts.
    :p
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ~Beanie~ wrote: »
    No, your credit file shows credit facilities, you don't have any credit available with these accounts.

Basic bank accounts report to credit reference agencies.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • teffers
    Options
    stclair wrote: »
    Basic bank accounts report to credit reference agencies.

I have had / have several accounts (basic and otherwise) without credit facilites and they were indeed listed on my credit report as Clair mentions.
  • MrSilk
    MrSilk Posts: 1,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ten? Lol :cool:
  • ~Beanie~
    ~Beanie~ Posts: 3,043 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    teffers wrote: »
    I have had / have several accounts (basic and otherwise) without credit facilites and they were indeed listed on my credit report as Clair mentions.

Sorry, mine certainly aren't so I assumed all were the same!
    :p
  • thebritishbloke
    Options
    MrSilk wrote: »
    Ten? Lol :cool:

Why on earth would anyone need 10 cash card accounts and why would Barclays even let them open that many? Haha.
    Credit 'Score' - Don't buy the credit 'score' that Experian, Equifax and Noddle want to sell you. It's an arbitrary number that means nothing when it comes to applying for credit.

ALWAYS HAVE A DIRECT DEBIT SET UP FOR THE MINIMUM PAYMENT ON YOUR CREDIT CARDS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU PLAN TO LOGIN AND PAY EACH MONTH.
  • MrSilk
    MrSilk Posts: 1,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why on earth would anyone need 10 cash card accounts and why would Barclays even let them open that many? Haha.

Lol just what I was thinking.. Cash card account that doesn't offer any interest.. OP.. I'm curious lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport