Motability is it worth it are there any pitfalls

13»

Replies

• ParvaParva Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    I like the peace of mind that comes with a motability car. I know it is expensive, but I went through so many cheap 2nd hand cars . I don't have 2 grand to put down on a car so I had to go for the scheme.
    Totally agree. I've had cars since 1986 and they've ranged from bangers to pretty damned decent. The overwhelming issues were always the insurance and breakdown cover followed by the tyres and then mechanical issues. Given that I could never drive a manual car again after my operation I immediately went for using my mobility component on a nice, new automatic. I never saw the money from that component of my DLA and I'm glad I didn't, best decision I ever made.

I have a new and very reliable car and have no insurance or breakdown worries!

It's horses for courses really. If I put my mind to it and spent time researching I'm sure I could get a used car and save money on the overall cost of insurance, breakdown cover etc but it's effort++ and likely a very low saving overall. I prefer the easier option, and I've never seen that mobility component of my DLA so I don't miss it.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides