BT charges for calling features & change of T&Cs

Options
Hi,

As can be seen from the email I received from BT. I agreed to renew my line rental for 12 months and thus the charge for BT privacy and caller Display became zero per month.
If I read there T&Cs now from 1st December I will have to pay £3.70 for 1 feature.

Can I argue that I have a contract with them til 8th Jan 2015 for these services at cost zero per month ??

It also clearly states that the cost afterwards will be £1.75.
Surely it should say "it will be at the current prevailing charge".

Where does it say in they T&Cs that agreements can be broken, because from what I see they clearly intend too with this agreement on 1st December.

Hello,
Here's an update on your order.

Calling features

Your calling features start on: 09 Jan 2014. We'll let you know when they're ready.
Your calling features will be added to this phone number: xxxxxxx
ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=jZkGh0HbJwqXEDTj0C5vvU5megovbcCY9I1V41DxII0%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bt.com%2fext%2fstatic%2fwa%2fkci%2fbtretail%2fspacer.gifImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=jZkGh0HbJwqXEDTj0C5vvU5megovbcCY9I1V41DxII0%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bt.com%2fext%2fstatic%2fwa%2fkci%2fbtretail%2ftickMarkbgwhite_bullet.gifBT Privacy with Caller Display - see who's calling before answering. You'll get it free for a year because you've agreed to renew your line rental for 12 months. After 12 months, BT Privacy with Caller Display will be £1.75 a month. Your 12 month line rental commitment will start on the same day as your BT Privacy at Home. You'll need a compatible phone. If you don't have one, go to www.bt.com/shop or other shops. Find out more about your calling features or download a user guide at www.bt.com/help/callingfeatures

Need some help?

Go to www.bt.com/help

Comments

• spyhunter
    Options
    BT have 2 packs that caller display is a part of.

The first is with BT privacy that includes caller display at no extra cost for 12 months if you agree to a new 12 month line rental contract.

The second is caller display as part of a calling features pack which includes features such as call waiting/ringback/call sign/call diversion etc.

The calling feature packs are increasing in price from 01/12/14
    but if you have the BT privacy caller display it will remain free until the end of your minimum term.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure