We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

'miracle' cream from asda

Options
I heard about a new cream -pro sheild ultra- which has gone on sale in Asda among other places, a few questions:
has anyone bought it yet
is it any good
can you get it on prescription?
It's supposer to be near miraculous for eczema, dermatitis etc and has antibacterial properties, but its about a tenner a throw:(
Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
I have done reading too!
To avoid all evil, to do good,
to purify the mind- that is the
teaching of the Buddhas.

Comments

• coffeebean
    coffeebean Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd be interested too if anyone's tried it, I suffer from Rosacea and have been using Lush's Skin Drink, which has been good, but now my skin is getting spotty. Have tried all sorts :confused:
    coffeebean
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interview with the inventor of the cream HERE:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/youandyours/items/03/2005_17_fri.shtml
    coffebean have you tried something called Bio-oil?
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    Options
    I heard about this on a recent 'You and Yours'.

Apparently it does what it says and can actually work on wounds contaminated by MRSA!

Aunty Margaret
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,556 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sarahsaver wrote:
    Interview with the inventor of the cream HERE:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/youandyours/items/03/2005_17_fri.shtml
    coffebean have you tried something called Bio-oil?

I bought some Bio Oil a couple of weeks ago - still waiting for results though. I'm trying it of marks left from Shingles on my neck.
  • frizz_head
    frizz_head Posts: 7,339 Forumite
    Options
    coffeebean wrote:
    I'd be interested too if anyone's tried it, I suffer from Rosacea and have been using Lush's Skin Drink, which has been good, but now my skin is getting spotty. Have tried all sorts :confused:
    My mum suffers really badly with this, and I order Elicina cream from Chile on the internet (Snail secretions) for her, and although not cheap she says it really helps with the itchiness, redness and spots.

There is lots of info about it on the web - but you will find that feedback is split 50/50, there are those that claim it is the miracle cream, others that it did nothing but make their symptoms worse.

For my mum, it works.
    Only 5% of those who can give blood, actually do!
    Do Something Amazing Today.
    Save a Life - Give Blood.:A
    20 pints donated! :j:j
  • coffeebean
    coffeebean Posts: 91 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been using Bio Oil for about 4 months, and it worked on my face initially, but I'm now back to square one, although it has worked really well on a thyroid operation scar, and on a 13-year old ceasarian section scar.

Frizz-head, I have read about that, my OH offered to go into the garden & crush a few snails for me when I told him how much it cost - such a charming man :rolleyes:
    coffeebean
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Options
    That cream that they've started selling in Asda..... it looks pretty good.

The guy who invented it was on This Morning last week and he was saying that he'd invented it for his wife who suffers from contact dermatitis. She put the cream on and it cleared straight up. She was able to wash up and everything!!!

If forms a silicone seal on the skin with an antibacterial layer underneath. You can wash your hands but it stays on and is a total barrier to MRSA. If you're having an operation and rub the cream onto the area around the wound, it will fight off the superbug.
    ....or so the research says!
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• purplepatch
    purplepatch Posts: 2,534 Forumite
    Options
    frizz_head wrote:
    My mum suffers really badly with this, and I order Elicina cream from Chile on the internet (Snail secretions) for her, and although not cheap she says it really helps with the itchiness, redness and spots.

There is lots of info about it on the web - but you will find that feedback is split 50/50, there are those that claim it is the miracle cream, others that it did nothing but make their symptoms worse.

For my mum, it works.

Sorry it's been a long time, but wanted to resurrect this to ask you a question frizz head. My DH suffers really badly with rosacea and the appearance of his is mainly to look like sunburn. He doesn't have thread veins, does get spots and the itching drives him to distraction.

Does your mum have similar symptoms? Does it get rid of the sunburn look for her?

The price is off-putting, but tbh we have thrown so much money at trying to sort it out over the past few years that another £30 is neither here nor there.
  • frizz_head
    frizz_head Posts: 7,339 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry it's been a long time, but wanted to resurrect this to ask you a question frizz head. My DH suffers really badly with rosacea and the appearance of his is mainly to look like sunburn. He doesn't have thread veins, does get spots and the itching drives him to distraction.

Does your mum have similar symptoms? Does it get rid of the sunburn look for her?

The price is off-putting, but tbh we have thrown so much money at trying to sort it out over the past few years that another £30 is neither here nor there.
    Have pm'd you purplepatch! :D
    Only 5% of those who can give blood, actually do!
    Do Something Amazing Today.
    Save a Life - Give Blood.:A
    20 pints donated! :j:j
  • ethansmum
    ethansmum Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Options
    I have some for my daughter (4) to be honest I found it pretty useless- it made no difference whatsoever. Save your money - sadly this is no miracle worker, atleast not for us.
    July Win: Nokia 5800
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family