Oliver Goehler, Information Mavericks

Options
allyhall
allyhall Posts: 22 Forumite
edited 13 September 2014 at 1:20PM in Praise, vent & warnings
Has anyone used or bought money making information From Oliver Goehler ? I did a few years ago and never made a penny from ebay. Anyone had similar?

Comments

• off_to_market
    Options
    I first came across Oliver Goehler several years ago via Streetwise Publications and Nap Publishing.

They were flogging the Divergence manual to make money on ebay supposedly based on the fortunes Goehler had made on ebay.

Goehler has become a self appointed expert on ebay despite the fact that there is no evidence of this in any of his blurb. He does not disclose his ebay id to enable anyone to check his sales and it seems to me that he is another in a long line of "experts" who make their money telling others how to make money...and that is where the money is.

Tony Hetherington wrote a piece in the Daily Mail about this;

STREETWISE Publications is one of those firms that seems to make its money by selling wonderful schemes for getting rich, rather than by actually putting them into practice.
    Its new offering is promoted in mailshots by boss John Harrison, who says the scheme is like ripping off the banks every day and getting away with it.
    The mailshot says: 'Just imagine the perfect crime. You spend 20 minutes in the evening setting up the sting. In the morning you go off to work, just like normal. And when you get home £300-£500 has 'mysteriously' landed in your bank account'.
    Harrison's mailshots are accompanied by an even more dramatic pamphlet, supposedly written by an anonymous 25-year-old who spent a few years working in the City. 'Andy' offers to spill the beans on a 'highly coveted' secret system for trading on the foreign exchange markets.
    Andy refers to 'my humble background', and 'my working class origins'. His employers were 'old school-tie fat cats', he says, before hinting that because he was sworn to confidentiality, 'the elite' would be very unhappy with him if they knew his identity.
    He even claims to be offering his scheme because of 'my conscience nagging at me'. Then he rather spoils the Robin Hood image by asking you to stump up £2,322, payable to Rotherham based Streetwise.
    I asked Harrison who slapped the secret label on this scheme. I asked who would be upset by Andy's revelations, or is the secrecy a sales ploy. And I asked him whether he intended to use Andy's tips himself, enabling him, according to his own mailshots, to retire within a year.
    I did not get a single answer. Instead, Harrison described his mailshot as 'a private customer communication', and gave me copies of letters from unnamed satisfied customers, plus a few from people who had successfully claimed refunds.
    Oddly, included with these was a letter Harrison said he received from a private investigator who had taken a Streetwise training course and was offering to reveal my address and other family details. In short, it was an 'I-know-where-you-live letter', though Harrison denied this.
    Harrison has at least one associate described in court as a 'real villain'. Last October, I reported that Streetwise was promoting £4,000 seminars on how to make money by setting up a mail order business. The seminars were given by James Sheridan, alias James Edwards, who was condemned by a judge as the man behind a fake arthritis cure scam that cost victims hundreds of thousands of pounds.
    Harrison should realise that people really can be judged by the company they keep. Anyone tempted by Anonymous Andy's scheme should ask Harrison the questions I asked and he refused to answer. No answers, no £2,322.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure