We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:
Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour.

Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

advice on buying a house with a trust fund involved

OH and I put an offer on a property back in July. Survey had been done,mortgage is in place and we have instructed solicited for the searches. As I had not got the contract etc yet I chased my sol who said they keep chasing vendors sol.I decided to ask the estate agent if they knew anything (it's an old lady who is going to live with family and I was worried she had died!),they have told me that she sold the property to he daughter and out into a trust and they are awaiting the trust's agreement to sell.
Anyone any idea what we can do to speed it as they have had two month to sort this out? I don't want to loose the house,but have thought of asking for reduction for delay (survey valued it a £5k less than offer as needs a bit of work), or do I just have to keep pushing agents and solicitors?

Comments

  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Keep pushing, but there's probably several people who all have to think about it and agree. Yes, they should have sorted that out earlier.

    If you think there's scope or justification for a reduction, do that separately. Don't muddy the waters by mixing the two together.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.