Rejected by Nationwide for PPI claim in 2011. Can I Reclaim?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
1 reply 1.6K views
littleearslittleears Forumite
1 Post
My PPI claim was rejected by Nationwide in 2011 who said that I was fairly sold the policy face to face in branch which I had no recollection of as didn't even know I was paying it. I now know I should have gone to the ombudsman at the time but didn't as the bank letter made me think I was in the wrong. Having complained about being miss-sold PPI and asking for it to be cancelled, I then noticed that they continued to take the PPI payments and I had to ring thematic to get it stopped. I did not take this further at the time and now knowing a bit more about it all I wish I had taken it further. Is it too late to do anything now and if not what course of action should I take?

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I now know I should have gone to the ombudsman at the time but didn't as the bank letter made me think I was in the wrong.

The letter from Nationwide would have told you that you could go to the FOS and had 6 months.
    Is it too late to do anything now and if not what course of action should I take?

You can ask Nationwide to take another look but its up to them and they can refuse access to the FOS.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals