Forum SLOW 9/9

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
5 replies 1.3K views
torbrextorbrex
71.3K Posts
10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
Dragging its heels AGAIN

AGAIN my first post of the day brought up the warning that I must wait 30 seconds between posts.

This is more than a glitch it is damned annoying :mad:

Replies

• torbrextorbrex
    71.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Another point

There is a spammer on the boards this morning and as far as I can see at this point they have made three posts and yet their postcount shows zero.
  • Hi tobrex,

Thanks for letting us know about this. Our forum backups are done at this time of the morning as that's the time when there is the least forum activity across the day. As it's a large forum, this can cause lags/glitches for you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, best thing to do is wait til a little later in the day :)

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: [email protected]
  • torbrextorbrex
    71.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    MSE_Megan wrote: »
    Hi tobrex,

Thanks for letting us know about this. Our forum backups are done at this time of the morning as that's the time when there is the least forum activity across the day. As it's a large forum, this can cause lags/glitches for you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, best thing to do is wait til a little later in the day :)

This is only a recent thing.
    I have been on the forum at that time of the morning for a long time so I can testify to that and it is a time of day where quite a number of folk are active.
    Is there no way the backups could be done earlier, even an hour earlier, I doubt if the forum is more active between 4-5am than it is between 5-6am.

Good to get an answer at last though :p
  • fermifermi Forumite
    40.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Figured it was something like that. Thanks for getting back Megan. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • MandelbrotMandelbrot
    9.1K Posts
    Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    torbrex wrote: »
    This is only a recent thing.
    I have been on the forum at that time of the morning for a long time so I can testify to that and it is a time of day where quite a number of folk are active.
    Is there no way the backups could be done earlier, even an hour earlier, I doubt if the forum is more active between 4-5am than it is between 5-6am.

I agree with torbrex on this last point - I'm often on the forum throughout the night, and my view is that 4am-5am would be better.
    Perhaps though, that is when a lot of the spam is posted, so that this is skewing whatever figures your planners are working on.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals