We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Buying juicer Vs Buying juice in glass bottles?

Options
I'm considering buying a juicer to try and help my ailing health. I was wondering if it would be worth buying one with having to prepare the veggies, overall cost of juicing, clean the juicer etc or just buy a glass bottle of vegetable juice from the health shop at £2.50 a week.

Anyone got any thoughts on it?
The stupid things you do, you regret... if you have any sense, and if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid. - Katharine Hepburn

Comments

• Justie
    Justie Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    Options
    I guess it depends how much you're going to use it

I have a cheap one that came with the liquidizer - it's not ideal but I use it on and off and it's certainly cheaper than buying fresh juice and I can blend what I want. More often I make smoothies with whole fruit so I guess I use the juicer/liquidizer 3-4 times a week and have done for about 10 years so it's been well worth the cost. If you want to get serious then you need a juicer that will cost around £200 (but will last a lifetime) and then you'd need to use it every day to make it worthwhile.

buying juice even in glass bottles means more wastage as it's unlikely the bottle will be refilled and recycling uses energy etc. If you only drink one bottle a week then it's not that expensive but if you'd like to drink more then a cheap juicer would be a good purchase imo.
  • GlasgowGal
    GlasgowGal Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    Check out Jason the Juice master he has a web site with lots of info on types to buy and receipes etc. Not sure if some of the shop bought juices have added sugar etc. Sometimes you get pick up cheap fruit which is great for juicing. Good luck.
    :)
  • iain_60
    iain_60 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    GlasgowGal,

Me and my wife use this:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4212681.htm

Easy to clean
    Extremely powerful
    Versatile
    Makes the most of fruit / Veg (no waste)
    Reasonable price

Enjoy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills