MSE News: PPI complaints remain at historically high levels

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
4 replies 1.7K views
Former_MSE_PalomaFormer_MSE_Paloma
531 Posts
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Complaints about payment protection insurance (PPI) eased back from last year's record, but are still historically high...
Read the full story:

PPI complaints remain at historically high levels

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• They're not dealing with them very effectively though - I have had a complaint on the go with Halifax since 2010 and it's been with the Ombudsman since January 2013. Totally unacceptable performance, the Ombudsman should have dealt with this ages ago.
  • Since 2012 I have had an ongoing complaint with CitiFinancial and they still have not paid out. The matter is with the Ombudsman since 2012. CitiFinancial are claiming that they sent me a letter in 2012 which I did not reply to. I never saw or received any letter from them.
    Now that the Financial Conduct Authority have said that PPI claims are to be reopened. What will happen to my claim? Do I need to send another form to CitiFinancial? :(
  • maggy50maggy50 Forumite
    783 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Since 2012 I have had an ongoing complaint with CitiFinancial and they still have not paid out. The matter is with the Ombudsman since 2012. CitiFinancial are claiming that they sent me a letter in 2012 which I did not reply to. I never saw or received any letter from them.
    Now that the Financial Conduct Authority have said that PPI claims are to be reopened. What will happen to my claim? Do I need to send another form to CitiFinancial? :(

Have you contacted the FOS as it has been with them 2012 ?
    My complaint with them re Citi took eighteen months and after adjudication was not upheld .
    Due to further factors recently I contacted Citi and they looked into my complaint and upheld !!
    They may be looking into historic cases turned down but I would ask the FOS .
    Good luck
    Light travels faster than sound.

This is why some people seem as bright until you hear them.
  • Some banks are reinvestigating rejected complaints. Some have already done so. It's only really necessary if there has been a substantial change of policy which means some customers may have been disadvantaged unfairly. If it's with FOS then carry on down that route. It's only worth you going back and asking them to reinvestigating if you have something to add to the info/ evidence you gave last time.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides