IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ethical Parking Ticket

Options

Comments

• Hot_Bring
    Hot_Bring Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    edited 8 November 2014 at 6:37PM
    Options
    davidso wrote: »
    I've just been cc-ed in on an email from Ethical Parking to POPLA with two attachments including their evidence (way too much to post here). In the small amount of text in the email they claim.

Please note we do not supply a genuine pre-estimate of loss as
    we are contracted by the landowner/managing agent so do not have any figures available.

Anything to be concerned about?

Nope .... you've now won. No figures for GPEOL indeed :rotfl: How do they calculate the charge then ? :eek:

As for being called Ethical Parking - I'd suggest the owners are as ethical as Jimmy Saville.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Gun, foot, trigger, two barrels .... BOOM!

Beyond any belief that they seem to have not even the basic understanding of what GPEOL means in the context of breach of contract. And they're supposed to be the professionals with this stuff. Oh dear!

@OP - you must draw this to POPLA's attention via a strong rebuttal of this point in particular, as well as rebutting any other points they have raised that are patently wrong, or flawed.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • davidso
    davidso Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Gun, foot, trigger, two barrels .... BOOM!

Beyond any belief that they seem to have not even the basic understanding of what GPEOL means in the context of breach of contract. And they're supposed to be the professionals with this stuff. Oh dear!

@OP - you must draw this to POPLA's attention via a strong rebuttal of this point in particular, as well as rebutting any other points they have raised that are patently wrong, or flawed.

Do I really have to engage in communication with POPLA again? I'm so detached from the actual meaning of the cut-pasted-and-tweaked boiler plate letter that I'm not sure I have the wherewithal to refute what EP are saying. (Pretty much all that I quoted plus two attachments including what I think is no new evidence).
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Your problem, your choice, take your chance. You asked for opinion, you got it.

Your strategy might win. Ours has won!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • davidso
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Your problem, your choice, take your chance. You asked for opinion, you got it.

Your strategy might win. Ours has won!

OK. What should I say? I don't know how to rebut the point they're making.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just say - I win as they haven't bothered to send a GPEOL. Thanks, bye!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • davidso
    Options
    Is there a more formal wording?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You really don't need to rebut it, just wait. You win.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • stargazer7
    Options
    Ethical Parking :rotfl: who says PPCs don't have a sense of humour?
  • 4stars
    4stars Posts: 18 Forumite
    edited 10 November 2014 at 6:57PM
    Options
    They tried the same on my POPLA appeal. Though, if they cannot justify their losses, then it's a slam dunk win on no GPEOL.

If it eases your mind, you could use my rebuttal from the following thread: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5020837&page=2 and sit back and relax.

Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport