🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Tesco click & collect problems

Options
Hi, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.
On Thursday morning I ordered an item from Tesco direct, to collect at my local store, it said it would be available from 4pm Saturday. On Saturday i didn't receive an email or text so i rang them, they said they couldn't trace it and would arrange another for today (Tuesday).
Today i have had the same, Tesco are saying the original one was sent to a store in Belfast (i live in Birmingham) and the 2nd one hasn't arrived at the store and no tracking info after it got to the local courier depo.
They are saying it should be in store for me to collect from 11am tomorrow, but I'm so fed up by it all!!
I want to complain to them, but would like to know what i can ask for? can i ask for a full refund as a gesture of goodwill?

thanks
Helen
xx
Mother of Twins - Please excuse my "double" baby brain!

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    partysis81 wrote: »
    Hi, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place.
    On Thursday morning I ordered an item from Tesco direct, to collect at my local store, it said it would be available from 4pm Saturday. On Saturday i didn't receive an email or text so i rang them, they said they couldn't trace it and would arrange another for today (Tuesday).
    Today i have had the same, Tesco are saying the original one was sent to a store in Belfast (i live in Birmingham) and the 2nd one hasn't arrived at the store and no tracking info after it got to the local courier depo.
    They are saying it should be in store for me to collect from 11am tomorrow, but I'm so fed up by it all!!
    I want to complain to them, but would like to know what i can ask for? can i ask for a full refund as a gesture of goodwill?

thanks
    Never mind goodwill... you have a statutory right to receive a refund.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Never mind goodwill... you have a statutory right to receive a refund.

I think OP means full refund in addition to keeping the item. As they mentioned a complaint and what they should ask for.

OP, you can ask for a unicorn if you so wish. You can of course also cancel the order and receive a full refund but theres no entitlement to a refund and keeping the item.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think OP means full refund in addition to keeping the item.
    No, surely not.

I cannot believe anyone would expect that after only a four day delay... over a bank holiday weekend too.

;)
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    partysis81 wrote: »

thanks

Absolutely, they just wont give you the item.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport