IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye parking charge £100 on event day

Options
2»

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I adore cats, loathe dogs and am a fully paid up member of the Berkshire Hunt.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    I adore cats, loathe dogs and am a fully paid up member of the Berkshire Hunt.
    Same, not same, and...OMG.
    I love reading threads where The Deep and CM can continue their minor rivalry, it really does bring some entertainment to some of Hthe more bog standard appeals.

The main appeal points seem solid, but I do think a little more information is needed for point 3.2

3.2)In the oporators initial rejection of my appeal, the claimed that the usual2 hours of free parking (which is normally available at this car park and which the driver complied with) was reduced to 1 hour on during the day of the parking event due to what they claim is 'Event day parking'. There were, however, no signs in or around the car park stating that an 'Event Day' was taking place and that the parking conditions were altered. I put ParkingEye to strict proof that the signs were in place on the day in questions, and that these were prominant enough to be bought to the attention of the driver. These signs would also need to be clear enough such that there could exist no confusion as to the exact conditions of parking were.

This means, in theory, PE now have to prove to POPLA they did this, being able to photograph and show the amendments taken on the specific day as an extra time wasting step they have to go through to rebut your claim. However, they are unlikely to bother sending anything to POPLA based on the appeal anyway. It's too much effort on their part and they are smart enough to know they would lose.

Let us know if you do get an evidence pack though, it would indeed be fun to read.

Edit; it's a shame this is ParkingEye. Had it been a less litigations PPC, it would be worth trying to argue this point solely. If there are two signs in a car park with conflicting times, that makes the contract of parking unclear, and as your are not involved in the drawing up of the contract, legally you get to interpret the contract to your own benefit so long as it is reasonable, meaning in this case, you were bound to two hours. Would be cheeky and more fun but not worth arguing this only point with ParkingEye. I wonder if any ANPR ltd carparks have Event Days!
    There speaks the voice of reason!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Dee140157
    Dee140157 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    3.2)In the operators initial rejection of my appeal, the claimed that the usual 2 hours of free parking (which is normally available at this car park and which the driver complied with) was reduced to 1 hour on during the day of the parking event due to what they claim is 'Event day parking'. There were, however, no signs in or around the car park stating that an 'Event Day' was taking place and that the parking conditions were altered. I put ParkingEye to strict proof that the signs were in place on the day in questions, and that these were prominant enough to be bought to the attention of the driver. These signs would also need to be clear enough such that there could exist no confusion as to the exact conditions of parking were.

I love the argument. We should remember this for other event day parking PCNs.
    Newbie thread: go to the top of this page and find these words: Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Click on words Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Newbie thread is the first post. Blue New Thread button is just above it to left.
  • littlestrawberry
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I won my appeal with POPLA , a massive thank you to you all , I won't be able to do this without your supports.

Here are some information for your reference:

Reasons for the Assessor’s Determination
    It is the Appellant’s case that the parking charge notice was issued
    incorrectly.
    The Operator has not produced a copy of the parking charge notice, nor any
    evidence to show a breach of the conditions of parking occurred, nor any
    evidence that shows what the conditions of parking, in fact, were.
    Accordingly I have no option but to allow the appeal.
    Amber Ahmed
    Assessor
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Once again Parking Eye chicken out when somebody stands up to them. Typical bully-boy (or in this case girl - hello Rachel!) behavior.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure